I’ve just ordered my SMSL SU-8 + SP200 stack and I’m now also looking at upgrading my current headphones (Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 ohm). I like them, but there are probably better ones for that stack now. Also I don’t know many headphones so I don’t have many comparison options.
- Price up to ~500$ (if slightly higher, also OK)
- MUST be closed back
- Must fit well with that stack
- Clarity/detail is VERY important
- Decent bass is important (doesn’t have to be over the top though)
- Comfort for longer sessions is also important (I’m not looking to replace the pads for example, they should be good out of the box… if it’s any indication, I really like the velour pads on the DT 770)
- If you could easily attach a mod mic or something like that it would also be a plus
Thanks for recommendations.