Competitive gaming Portable Closed Back headphones around 100$?

Nice,I ordered the MH752s. Thank you all for your help ^^

1 Like

Hope you like them!
I would not use the 7.1 gaming attachment that comes with it personally if you are playing games, makes everything sound too weird and inaccurate. Would be fine for listening to music though. Feel free to share your thoughts on them when you get them. Happy listening!
You should get those Koss KSC75 at some point too!:wink:

1 Like

I would still use the dongle but disable the surround on it

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I meant to say. My bad lol.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll keep an eye on those little guys haha. I picked the 752s cause I can use the dongle as a better soundcard than the one in my laptop, as you both suggest :smiley:

1 Like

Hi guys,

After some time of testing I’m gonna shar my thoughts on the headphones. I ended up returning the m50xs and keeping the MH752s. Tbh it was hard to decide. Both sound very good. I noted that the m50s had a bit more of a punch in the base and more elevated highs than the 752s. However the 752s have a wider soundstage. I don’t know why but the m50s sounded a tiny bit more clear and it has a more metalic sound. Maybe this is due to them having less soundstage and elevated highs thus highliting the details more. The 752s sound more open or warm. For imaging I couldn’t tell much difference between them.

The have different sound signature but both are good for my ears. However what ultimately made me decide was the comfort. The m50s are not uncomfortable by any means but the 752s defenetly win here. And, while they don’t feel as good as people say, I can stand them for long periods of time. The m50s on the other hand have a weakly padded headband that can create a preassure hotspot in the top of your head. The pads as not as comfortable either.

And plus, the 752s come with some extras like the microphone and the little DAC (Tho in my unit that DAC is scratching the 3.5 mm connector, I’m trying to get that fixed).

The m50xs are also good so no matter what you have it won’t be a bad product.

1 Like

Yeah, M50x certainly aren’t bad, they are just kind of overpriced imo. For the price, the MH752 are great imo.

1 Like

M50s are some of the worst headpy reccomended in the past for most people. It’s just not great for music and pretty garbage for gaming.

Yeah, I have to say that they are not as good as I was promised by the recommendations. That’s why I created this thread. I mean, I could still use them if i had no other choice as they dont hurt my ears. But maybe this is because I can tolerate high pitched sounds, everyone has different ears at the end of the day. I am happy with the 752s now.

Apologies for the thread hijacking, I’ve recently worn-out the stock pads with my Takstar Pro 82, wonder if any of you had replaced yours with other pads already or would looking for the same stock replacement be best?

BTW @Soren_Peregrine I actually use the ksc75 for a while now for my games, you’ve mentioned they’re poor man’s gaming phones on some other thread, and I agree! I just miss the Pro 82’s over ear imaging.

1 Like

Yeah comfy headphone pads are nice. I have become so used to those KSC75 now though that I can wear them for almost half a day straight without any issues.