Connecting a Logitech Z-2300 subwoofer to a reciever

I have been watching Zeos’s home theater series and remembered I have this Logitech set laying around somewhere. My question is: Is it possible to connect just the subwoofer of the Logitech Z-2300 to a receiver? Originally its connected via a D-SUB connector from the remote control. I’m looking into connecting it to my receiver, as it is now unused and if it works, well then I don’t have to buy a new one.

Thanks in advance.

This blog here has some info concerning the Z-2300:
http://blog.jseaber.com/2010/02/27/logitech-z-2300-control-pod-disassembly/

From there, you should be able to build an adapter cable.

Hey!
I did this without touching the control pod.

Just used an RCA-> Female 3.5mm adaptor to plug into the source audio of the Z-2300. The RCA end connects to the preamp sub output of the reciever.
I disconnected the 2 satellite ‘speakers’ and turned the bass control all the way up.
The volume knob controls the subwoofer this way and no disassembly was required.

Although I will tell you the amplifier blew up within about 18 months lol. Unsure whether driven too hard or it was due to age.

I would buy new one, at the start.
Since it’s not proper subwoofer, more of a extra bass and bad even at that.
Of course the possibility of something borking is always there.

@MazeFrame I came across this post as well. It is very detailed but I don’t have the required skills.

@Bradyey I was hoping I could circumvent using the remote control. I might give this a try to see how it functions.

@MadGman I don’t have the skills to make an adapter cable myself, so you are probably going to be right in the long run.

All I can say is whilst I used it (when I didn’t have multiple HT subs) it worked quite well.