Connecting Android 13 phone to Desktop DAC

Hi,

Just recently joined the forum. Wondering if anyone on the forum has had experience of connecting up Android phones to external desktop DAC’s via
OTG USB C to USB B.

Richard

@PowerLine71
Amazon.com: CableCreation USB to USB C Adapter(0.5FT/0.15M), USB C OTG Cable,Type C to USB A Female Connector Compatible with MacBook Pro Air,iPad Mini/Pro,XPS,Galaxy S22 : Electronics

I use this on ocassion. Put inline between phone and your regular usb cable.

Thanks @TimpTim44

Was looking at purchasing a Topping E30 II DAC. It has the female USB B source input and a separate 5V power input. Some DAC’s I have been looking at, only have the combined signal and power USB input.

Was wondering, since it has a separate 5V input from an external power source, that the current draw from the phone via the signal USB input would be reduced and letting the phone battery last longer.

Richard

@PowerLine71 I experience very little phone power drain with this method,
using the E30 with it’s own power supply. ( an upgraded psu such as from Ifi is another option eventually.)
I have an original E30 and still use it ocassionally. Nice input options and good
performance for the money. Curious…which amp are you using?

Hi @TimpTim44

Currently running a Cayin DAP via lineout to a NAD C316BEE V2 integrated amp driving KEF Q150 speakers.

The Cayin DAP is old now and on it’s way out. So looking to use an Android phone via USB C as a transport into an external DAC to export line level into the amp.

The music collection these days is all FLAC 44.1 to 192.

Richard

@PowerLine71 I have done exactly that w. my integrated and E 30. Have fun!