Controversial Audio Opinions

When iPhones came with earbuds, the wife got an upgrade to her phone when I needed new earbuds.

1 Like

This can go both ways. Hell, this can go for anything.

1 Like

Hey welcome to HFGF! Yea man it basically applies to everything.

2 Likes

Thank you!

sometimes someone just has a bad, garbage opinion. I have a hard time holding up my own opinion sometimes :[

1 Like

I find them charming and more intimate than normal camera work, but I also watch the overwhelming majority of you-tube on my phone and don’t suffer easily from motion sickness so Idk

1 Like

a good line conditioner brings added magic to the music… sparkling highs and stronger dbs

1 Like

All components above £2000 are just not worth the money.

Most stuff above $1000 is only marginally better than stuff below $1000.

There is NO good reason that British hifi is more expensive in the USA and vice versa.

I am pretty sure subs only exist because speaker manufacturers are being lazy.

Floor standing speakers should have to be at least 6 feet tall by law.

2 Likes

Most Youtube reviewers are utter garbage. There are like 3 worth watching. And they’re not the ones you’re thinking of lol.

1 Like

Here’s a statement that I can think of that will make everyone pissed or just might straight up hate me for saying this but, in my opinion, Wireless audio is a fad.

Not only a fad, it is also more of a business strategy to sell shitty wireless earbuds or speakers in order to gain more money because the common person would gladly go for convenience rather than the high-fidelity experience that we audio lovers tend to grasp with.

If I have to force myself to go wireless, I might as well get a BTR5 so that I can still use my wired audio as wireless, basically a win-win but yeah, to me Wireless audio or Bluetooth audio is a fad.

1 Like

Chi-Fi is to audio what IKEA for furniture.

4 Likes

AVRs are pretty darn good.

The linearity doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

I use my totl dap more as a BT dongle than I do for local playback :man_shrugging:

not liking something doesn’t equal it being bad.

1 Like

subwoofers are more objective to room design and listening application/desire and less objective on lack of good speaker design. Sometimes you just need a sealed 18 because you want to relax to a good baseline.

1 Like

good affordable chi-fi is necessary to growing the audiophile community.

3 Likes

Just means its different ?

Drop panda because I need to go places and do things without ripping my shit off on accident. also doing house chores while listening to music everywhere

explain, I am confused lol