Custom cable gallery

Zeos might have OCD’t my brain more… than normally.
I’ll ask anyway. I’m i the only one that finds those bit janky? Colors are nice but that tiny bit of wonk is getting to me. lol
Damm you Z!

No they’re not at all. The heatshrink at the minixlr is causing them to twist just a bit. The braiding and connectors are done really well. This is literally right after I took them out of the box. A little massage to the heatshrink has helped them a bit. They feel great wearing them. Nice and light but still quality feeling. I also did the shirt and jacket rubbing test on them and not any of the microphonics you get from the fabric wrapped cables.

Not to mention these are only like 35 bucks a pop. I think they’re great. Same model as the ursine cables at a Small fraction of the price. Those things could really run up there in price!

3 Likes

Your Pentaconn cable is on the way! Thanks for the mention on the forum here. In reading the threads I have to mention that I do try to ensure based on the cable that I make them very secure at the connectors, and there is from time to time the chance that I may need to use more heatshrink than normal. I would also agree that using para-cord does result in more micro-phonics, and I have been a big Kimber Kable fan from almost 30 years back when I sold HiFi in San Diego, and believe in the braided cables having superior external interference rejection while making for a great pliable and non micro-phonic choice. I didn’t get a chance to snap a photo of the new cable coming your way so would love to see it paired up with your setup when you get it!

-Jason
CapistranoCables

7 Likes

Nice thanks! Can’t wait till it shows up so I can test it out! I’ll post it up when it shows :+1:

you’re on etsy? do you do single ended as well?

Absolutely! I can make pretty much anything you might need out of whatever materials, just may need to source if I don’t have in stock already. I have single ended 1/4" Neutrik and some 3.5mm Rean in my stash. My site has only a few selections which I placed on there to make for a more modular approach, but I can do direct invoicing though PayPal for something custom not on the site. Just let me know what you need, and I’ll work with you from there.

Link to Etsy Store:

7 Likes

Welcome aboard, interesting and nice work. Now I need to figure out this Etsy thing…

1 Like

Oh, it’s a weird and fun place. Especially for hobbyists.

1 Like

@CapistranoCables be ready. I have a pair of dca aeon 2 opens coming so I’m going to be bugging you for another y cable soon here lol.

Nice! I’ll be interested to hear how you like them. I have the Mr. Speakers Aeon Flow closed, and they are great. I thought about the opens, but I have some Focal Elex in the same price range that are excellent, and very happy with them. I like the difference between them for my desk setup as mains, but I recently got some Hifiman Sundara’s that I have to say are my current favorites. When do they arrive? Looks like your Pentaconn will be there tomorrow. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Yeah I had a tough time deciding between the open and closed. But I read that the frequency response is extremely close between the closed and opens for the aeon 2, unlike the original aeon that sounded completely different between the c and o. They’ll be here on Monday so I’m going to think hard about which cables I will be requesting from you to match them well.

And yes I’m eagerly awaiting the pentacon tomorrow! :blush:.

Been too long since I’ve posted. Some recent stuff:

21 Likes

It’s too bad I’m not working, or I’d order an mmcx cable. Hope you and the fam are doing well!

Main cable from @CapistranoCables came in :grimacing::+1:. Works as advertised lol.

But really, I was slightly worried about the minixlr being a bit heavy for the y but it’s not at all. The cable itself and the mini xlr jack used a very light. The cable rolls up real nice, is very flexible without and kinks. I’m loving this modular system. The pentacon connect is great, although it’s the first time I got to use a pentacon connector (so much better than 2.5!) lol. All the connectors are nice a secure. Thanks again man!

Oh and thanks for the leather pouch you included! Nice touch :+1:

13 Likes

That looks like a sweet cable :+1:

2 Likes

It’s pretty nice. I dig it. :blush:

Glad you like it! I think the cable turned out nice if I do say so myself! I like the size better than my 16 core, especially for portable use. The bigger ones are great for desk/home but also a bigger pain to work with when trying to fit inside the mini XLRs. The Pentaconn would have been a nightmare with all 16 cores. Too thick for that for sure. I send the main cables in the leather pouch so you can use to store, glad you liked it too!

8 Likes

They look really great! I will definitely give a look before my next cable purchase

The other 2 y’s to go with it.

11 Likes

Are those EMU teak and what are those pads on them?