Custom cable gallery

Welcome aboard, interesting and nice work. Now I need to figure out this Etsy thing…

1 Like

Oh, it’s a weird and fun place. Especially for hobbyists.

1 Like

@CapistranoCables be ready. I have a pair of dca aeon 2 opens coming so I’m going to be bugging you for another y cable soon here lol.

Nice! I’ll be interested to hear how you like them. I have the Mr. Speakers Aeon Flow closed, and they are great. I thought about the opens, but I have some Focal Elex in the same price range that are excellent, and very happy with them. I like the difference between them for my desk setup as mains, but I recently got some Hifiman Sundara’s that I have to say are my current favorites. When do they arrive? Looks like your Pentaconn will be there tomorrow. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Yeah I had a tough time deciding between the open and closed. But I read that the frequency response is extremely close between the closed and opens for the aeon 2, unlike the original aeon that sounded completely different between the c and o. They’ll be here on Monday so I’m going to think hard about which cables I will be requesting from you to match them well.

And yes I’m eagerly awaiting the pentacon tomorrow! :blush:.

Been too long since I’ve posted. Some recent stuff:

21 Likes

It’s too bad I’m not working, or I’d order an mmcx cable. Hope you and the fam are doing well!

Main cable from @CapistranoCables came in :grimacing::+1:. Works as advertised lol.

But really, I was slightly worried about the minixlr being a bit heavy for the y but it’s not at all. The cable itself and the mini xlr jack used a very light. The cable rolls up real nice, is very flexible without and kinks. I’m loving this modular system. The pentacon connect is great, although it’s the first time I got to use a pentacon connector (so much better than 2.5!) lol. All the connectors are nice a secure. Thanks again man!

Oh and thanks for the leather pouch you included! Nice touch :+1:

13 Likes

That looks like a sweet cable :+1:

2 Likes

It’s pretty nice. I dig it. :blush:

Glad you like it! I think the cable turned out nice if I do say so myself! I like the size better than my 16 core, especially for portable use. The bigger ones are great for desk/home but also a bigger pain to work with when trying to fit inside the mini XLRs. The Pentaconn would have been a nightmare with all 16 cores. Too thick for that for sure. I send the main cables in the leather pouch so you can use to store, glad you liked it too!

8 Likes

They look really great! I will definitely give a look before my next cable purchase

The other 2 y’s to go with it.

11 Likes

Are those EMU teak and what are those pads on them?

Yeah they’re the teaks. I was trying out the 1540 alcantara pads. Sounds surprisingly good with them actually. I put some fabric in them to bring the bass back up and tube the highs down a tad. Not to shabby overall.

3 Likes

After a few repairs and one re-purposing of an old, unused cable, today I built my first ever cable from scratch with a purpose in mind other than just learning - I wanted a balanced cable for my Eikons with a right-angled XLR plug (suits the ergonomics better).

Again, a few mistakes were made, but this time, while it’s not perfect, it’s a lot closer to where I want to be, so I thought I’d share…

14 Likes

Haven’t seen a Ray Samuels amp in a while, nice setup :+1: (is the psu under the desk?)

I love that amp, I have absolutely no desire to upgrade it - it cost me a small fortune in relative terms to import to the UK back when I really couldn’t afford it, so it will remain with me forever.

And yeah, it’s under the desk in a hard-to-reach place, so I leave it switched on at the PSU and added a small click switch to the power cable length which I then have poking out of the desk just out of shot.

2 Likes

Nice, it’s a pretty great piece of kit

1 Like

Just saw this. Tin the wire and the connector, then u just shove the tinned wire into the tinned connector and apply heat again, will weld the 2 joints together

1 Like