Custom cable gallery

If you keep this up, I’m gonna bug you to make matching USB cables for my keyboard to match all my headphone cables :wink:

2 Likes

ahh I wish we could do that for you. USB cables are on the list of things to get to but we just don’t have a design for them yet unfortunately : (

2 Likes

Custom 16 core all silver .5m XLR connectors going to a new home!

14 Likes

I’ve had these for a little over a week and I’m really happy with them. So much so that I ordered a pair for my Focal Clear.

Silver Hybrid with custom paracord, terminated into XLR, and a couple of adapters using ViaBlue connectors. I highly recommend. :+1:t4:

https://oidiosound.co.uk/

9 Likes

Those cups…

3 Likes

Alright, sorry this is getting done so late, but here it is!
After a listening session, I noticed a minor problem had popped up with one of my Hart cables. Nothing drastic or that effected performance. Instantly made sure @brux was aware, and from my understanding, this problem should be fixed. I can honestly say, he’s been one of the fastest I’ve seen respond to a customer complaint.

I was immediately sent a replacement, this time using the “Darkside” sleeving rather then the “Black w/ Imperial Red X”. Decided to pick up a new dual 2.5mm cable in charcoal grey as well.

Now, for a bit of comparison:
My first impression of the newer cables where: is the cable thinner?

Apperently, this isn’t exactly the case. While they are using the same cable, the design has just been tweeked to make it lighter and more flexable. To be honest, I don’t have a scale, but it feels lighter, and is definatly more flexable.
Here I coiled the new cable as small as I was comfortable doing(probably could have gone smaller), and the older one started feeling like I was straining something if I tried going any smaller.

Now if you didn’t notice, the tips on the two pin cable is different. Heat shrink is gone, and so are the knurling around the tip. I like the sleeker look without the heat shrink, though I’ll say I can see how knurling could be nice, particularly if there is a tighter fit.

Now, I don’t remember the color of the older dual 2.5mm, but the newer one does feel softer. The difference doesn’t seem to be the same with the 2-pin cables.
Finally, the split. I had some complaints about the newer split last time, which I’m happy to say that they seem to have been addressed. The hole for the bit securing the split is smaller, and everything is blacked out (rather then the “fill with resin” idea I had, but this works too!). The split itself has more of a glossy finish to it, rather then the satin of the older one. To be honest, I’m still partial to the older carbon fiber look split from the beginning:

7 Likes

Wishing I had an amplifier with dual balanced outputs to better listen to these cables going out to a new home. I made a 4pin xlr to dual 3 pin to test them out and they sounded great, and a fun idea to make them completely separate to the Audeze or ZMFs he’s using…

13 Likes

For the DIY power cable guys, found this a while back from ebay. Swedish cable, from a German vendor. GOOD stuff to work with, shielding is super thorough and it cuts and separates better than anything else I’ve tried. It’s not teflon but at this price it’s better than anything else I’ve seen from “boutique” shops and the per meter price can’t be beat. Bought five meters, the only issue was shipping. It took nearly a month to get stateside. VERY happy with the results.

6 Likes

Got a name or article number?

Meant to include the link and forgot! LOL

I see your haul of goodies today, looks like you’re ready to buy some of my cable organizers. They rock.

1 Like

Oh yeah, LAPP Ölflex is good stuff.
They also make stuff for “wet areas” like greenhouses, industrial areas, etc.

Also super cheap for what it is (~1€/m)

LAPP has control cables that have the conductors marked every few centimeters making it easy to identify what is what. So if you ever need to wire up an industrial robot, this is the stuff.

3 Likes

I saw that when I built the cable up, didn’t even have to memorize which was which or take out the multi meter to make sure. Very clever little quality of life benefit for us DIYers.

1 Like

Got my custom cable for my T60s from @brux over at HAC recently. It’s super nice and the argon paracord looks rad. Hopefully mod house takes conversions soon so the cable will match the cans.

11 Likes

Sick dude! I have the argon on my ZMF’s now. It is a rad looking paracord for sure

what IEM is that? looks so amazing!

It’s a Custom Art FIBAE 7

I’ve actually changed the cable on that, added a nice hybrid as that was a bit feeble

5 Likes

Been meaning to get some photos on here. Here is my Forza Audioworks Noir Hybrid HPC connected to my ZMF Eikon. As well as my OIDIO Sound Mongrel cable attached to my Focal Clear Pro

17 Likes

That OIDIO cable matches the Clear Pro so well, I’m actually making a cable with those exact colors for my Clear Pro as well!

2 Likes

yes it turned out excellent, really happy with the build as well :smile:

Couldn’t resist. Bought an OIDIO Mongrel for my Eikons.

2 Likes