Custom Mechanical Keyboards

Does anyone else have this particular sickness? Some of these are north of $500. I can’t stop building these little compact keyboard. Send help.

I’ll put out a part breakdown later.

3 Likes

I have been approached by a few places that sell keebs. So you might see some random keyboard reviews or I will include them in regular videos.

Either way I haven’t decided what key type I am. I don’t dine on the loud clickys. I like a certain feel. LIKE a rubber dome but more tactile in reset. Will report back.

I personally hate clickies too. Right now I’m on a linear kick, but have plenty of tactile switches with a strong bump. I wouldn’t exactly compare them to rubber domes though.

Yet another bottomless pit I fell into as well. 3 pc’s and like 20 keyboards I built.

2 Likes

Can relate, spent more money to this than my headphone.

1 Like

LTT just released a decent intro to the hobby. Much better than their last one. Build your own Mechanical Keyboard… the RIGHT Way - YouTube

Why not just buy one? there are so many good options:Best Mechanical Keyboards 2023: 10 Picks for Gaming, Typing and Programming - pctechtest

Why get just one headphone? It’s a hobby. If I were to get one it would not be anything from this list. That’s like an article “Best headphones of 2023” and it’s full of Beats and Bose and HyperX stuff and the like. Only thing on that list remotely interesting is the Keychron. And they have way better models than K2, That being the Q Pro line.