DAC/AMP for Desktop PC & HiFi integrated setup

I just checked and it looks like it is damn impossible to find these in the EU. It’s being quite frustrating (ordering on Amazon appears to be very very very expensive).:weary:

Audioengine A5+ (non wireless)? Has sub out and powered with 2 analog inputs

Sorry about some of these recommendations because I don’t know pricing and availability where you are

Hahaha! no worries, thanks for your suggestions :slight_smile:
The audioengine are available here, in wireless and classic variant. I’ll take a look at those, they seem better than the klipsch sise.-wize but still with some ooompf

Those will probably be easier for a desk then the Klipsch

yep they look like a viable alternative. Now I’ll wait for the delivery of the DAC and then I’ll try and make up my mind on the speakers :+1:

So! I’m back with questions.
I narrowed down the decision to either the NAD C 316BEEv2 or the Cambridge Audio Topaz AM10, coupled with the Q150 from KEF for desktop use on a computer (gaming, movies and of course a lot of music) and the Topping DX7s (great dac!).

My question is: in case I get the NAD amp, would there be a way to add a sub afterwards ?

No, unless you get a sub with speaker level inputs or do some rca splitting and hassle

Can you make an example of such a sub? I want the NAD actually but I am not sure if I might have to add a sub as well with the q150 in the future

Definitive Technology ProSub 800 or Polk PSW505 come to mind around the $300 range. It passes through the speaker outputs and gets it’s signal from there

Sounds good, that means that I can get the NAD :grin:
Thanks M0N!

One last thing, would something like a subwoofer amp (like this one https://amzn.to/2zGgNQV ) be also usable without a sub output?

I don’t see a problem. I haven’t used an amp like this, but it will work pretty much the same way the other subs would

Thanks man, I pulled the trigger on the NAD amp (found a very good deal on it) + KEF Q150 :star_struck:
Pretty happy with the final decision!

Can’t wait to hear your impressions when you get it all set up!

So I have a Topping DX7pro with USB in from my Mac, I have balanced xlr out to my powered edifier s3000 pros, which means I still have RCA out, it also have an RCA/XLR setting, could I add a powered sub from my rca out?

I haven’t seen anyone do this with the dx7p before, you should be able to if you are able to control the xlr and rca volume at the same time, if you weren’t able to do that, you could always get some xlr splitters, and then some xlr to rca cables and then split the output of the xlr to speakers and sub at the same time

Not the dx7pro but my dx7s does - XLR to a headphone tube amp and RCA to a speaker amp. Both work simultaneously and volume controls both. Can’t imagine the dx7pro is different in this regard, but with splitters as a fall-back option (who really wants to add to the behind the desk cable tangle?) it’s worth a punt.

@dominic_green or find a proper sub with needed outputs or Pass-through.
DX7pro -> XLR cables to subwoofer > XLR outputs for Edifiers. No cable splitting etc needed.

That works too, most studio subs have this option

Well I ordered a Emotiva se8, going to run the pre amp in xlr/rca mode with rca’s going to the sub and xlr to speakers. Should be straight forward, watched Zeos’s review of dx7p review and should be easy. I know its like summing the gods off the mountain but would love to hear his feed back on this. Go to min 11. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DeBNSEwx6U&t=943s

1 Like