Dac/Amp for Klipsch HP-3?

Hey everyone. I’m new here and figured I’d ask the above question. Just bought my HP-3s from Adoramas sale a couple weeks back and love what they are presenting so far. I guess I’m just looking at taking them to the next level. I have an old fiio e17k alpen 2 and a fx audio dac6 that I’ve been using, but I desperately need to upgrade. What makes these things get the wow factor? I’m looking at a $300 price point to hopefully get the end game set up I want. I will go higher if need be, but I’d also like to have something somewhat portable to move around the apartment with. Thanks in advanced.

I thought I liked them with the RebelAmp and Topping E30 but I’m starting to notice sibilance when the volume is loud enough. DagoRed suggested the Dragonfly Cobalt/Red the other day.

I should add that if you aren’t already wowed by these off your current setup then a quality DAC/amp won’t change your mind. They’ll add a little bit more to them but won’t make a large difference.

I should have stated that I am very happy with these. They are an obvious upgrade of what I’ve used used in the past. Just want to maximize their potential.

1 Like

what about the Klipsch Headphone Amp? It has a DAC in it as well…

I actually have this set up for now. They do sound good but I run them only se not balanced. I am planing to upgrade amp and dac in the future and curious if i will hear any difference.
It also looks nice together, not that it matters that much.

I stand by this still, I can’t find a better match. If you want it mobile you need another adapter but it sounds nearly as good (little more clinical) with the FiiO BTR5 if you want bluetooth as an option that works quite well.

You want a TEAC UD-501, I have a buddy with a vast collection and he swears by that combo, Ill be buying one soon to confirm