DAC for PC to Bookshelf Speakers + Subwoofer

Hi,

I recently changed my desktop audio setup (details below) and now I have a noticeable delay using the MoBo 3.5mm out. I’m running the 3.5mm MoBo out into an RCA converter and splitter to send to the sub and speakers. Looking for something under $100, but budget isn’t a high priority.

Is it best to get a DAC that has dedicated speaker and sub outs? Is it okay to run with an RCA splitter like I have now? I have no idea what I’m doing.

Old Hardware
GoXLR - 1 mic in, headphone out, speakers out
Creative Pebble 2.0

New Hardware
Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD - 2 mics in, headphone out; I don’t want to use this for speakers
Micca PB42X Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Polk Audio PSW10 10" Powered Subwoofer

tl;dr - need a DAC to send from PC to powered speakers and powered sub for around $100

Thanks,
Alec

you can use an rca splitter just fine. having a separate sub channel just increases gain by a few db. using a splitter is fine.

1 Like

Do you have any DAC recommendations for USB to RCA?

what kinda sound you going for? you have a few option for 100$ and below.

I’m looking for a neutral or warm sound. Honestly just something reliable that I don’t have to touch once I set it up would be great.

jds labs atom dac or schiit modi 3e.

2 Likes

+1 JDS Labs Atom DAC at that price point

2 Likes

Ended up picking up the Modi 3E cause Amazon had them in stock. And got it today. Sooooo much better than the stock motherboard sound! Thanks joshua_g!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Glad it’s working out for you.