DAC Upgrade Suggestions

I currently have an Emotiva XDA-2 in a living room set up with a Schitt Saga preamp and Vidar Amp. I was wondering if a DAC upgrade would have a significant impact on sound quality, if so what DAC would the community recommend?

What speakers are you using? Imo you would have to spend a fair bit more to get a dac that you could hear the difference with.

Yeah, that is the impression I get from listening to Zeo’s on DAC’s, but wanted to get the communities input.

My main speakers are Totem Dreamcatchers, amazing little speakers, but my plan is to get Buchardt S400’s by years end, I suspect they will be a pretty significant leap forward.

It will be, the s400s are pretty impressive. You could opt for something like the topping d50s or smsl su+8 v2 or going higher the rme adi-2 dac, but TBH I don’t think it’s that needed. If you wanted something different like a resistor ladder or multibit dac that is something you could look into like the massdrop arist R2-R or the schiit multibit dacs, but realistically I don’t think it would be worthwhile to spend more then 400 on a new dac unless you really want the features of the adi-2 dac

Good stuff, thanks for the advice!