๐Ÿ”ถ Dan Clark Audio Expanse

This is the official thread for the Dan Clark Audio Expanse

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes (approaching Susvara levels of hard to drive)
  • Open Back
  • $3999.99US

:red_circle: Hifiguides Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

My impressions after getting some time with the Expanse since CanJam!

Oh, we donโ€™t have an official thread for this headphone yet. Iโ€™ll work on thatโ€ฆ

EDIT: DONE!

1 Like

Thanks @WaveTheory for making it official.

1 Like

DCA Expanse vs. Audeze LCD-5 vs. Meze Elite Planar Magnetic Flagship Headphone Showdown!

1 Like

I bought my Expanse right after I tried them at CanJam SoCal at the end of this summer. They make a great open back compliment to the DCA Stealth I already owned. I believe I have finally completed the primary rig I am running both headphones off of by picking up a Holo Audio May KTE to go with the Ferrum Oor/Hypsos stack. I am floored by the experience I have at my fingertips everytime I plug in for a listening session and I have never been more satisfied with my setup than I am currently.

The Expanse is my favorite open back I have ever tried, besting offerings like Susvara, HE1k, LCD 4/5, and various Abyss, Kennerton, Rosson, Meze, etc. At the beginning of this year, I sold ~$25k worth of audio and drum gear with the intention of putting together a truly TOTL, best money can buy kind of headphone setup. I purchased the Stealth after demoing tons of top shelf sets, but was unsure where I was going to go from there for open backs and then DCA announced Expanse, I demoed them at CanJam, and the search was over. Funny how stuff just works itself out sometimes, isnโ€™t it?

If I were to listen at a quiet place, how would you compare the Stealth and Expanse?

1 Like

This is a link to a post that I wrote over on head fi that I think does a pretty good job summarizing my basic impressions on the differences between the two. If you have any specific questions that this post doesnโ€™t address for you or if youโ€™d like me to put together something more in depth let me know and Iโ€™ll get to it when I finish repairing my mothers sprinklers lol! Gotta be good to Mom no matter how old we are, right? :joy:

1 Like

Of course! Thank you so much, and good luck with the sprinkler :joy:

1 Like