🔷 Dan Clark Audio Stealth

This is the official thread for the Dan Clark Audio Stealth closed-back headphone

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over ear
  • Amp needed: yes
  • Closed Back
  • Nearly invisible to radar

:red_circle: Hifiguides Link

[Reviews]

7 Likes

I was :pinching_hand: close to unlisting this thread so it existed but was really hard to find, because, you know, stealth.

But I decided to not be that mean :laughing:

15 Likes

Make it so anyone looking for it has to make a perception check.

:rofl:

That’s under Amir’s review.

4 Likes

Mine should arrive next week. I was heavily into IEMs last few years so looking forward to hear the headphones again.

3 Likes

The Head-Fi video is a good one to watch. In that, Jude interviews Dan himself where he goes and explains some of the engineering behind the Stealth (lengths he goes with ensuring correct driver tension, driver matching, decisions for pad materials, etc.).

3 Likes

Already getting karen vibes from her

2 Likes

The R/T is a challenge to the popular Hifman and Audeze Lcd2.
These are probably the most prestigious headphones on the market.
I’m sure it will make a lot of waves.
But of course the price is not for everyone.
It’s a bit of a shame because the R/T can easily compete with the Lcd2C and the Aeon 2 is probably up to the 2000$/€ headphone sector.
Maybe there will be a slimmed-down version of the Stealth that covers the 2000-3000$/€ range.

The look alone is already a sensation.

1 Like
6 Likes

Still burning in but wow I feel like I jumped from 40”-1080p (Softears RS10, SE12, IER-Z1R etc.) straight to 85”-8k in terms of resolution. Every little nuances impressively well defined with multiple layers all proportionally visible. Nothing over sharpened nor over emphasized. Just supremely natural the way it portrays all the minute details buried in the recordings. Soundstage doesn’t feel confined like other closed back I used to have (AH-D7200, AEON). Best of all zero EQ required to fix any tonal deviation.

Just sitting back and getting totally immersed with just about every different type of music thrown at it.

10 Likes

9 Likes
1 Like

This Guy is so ……hmmm interesting:

1 Like
5 Likes
2 Likes

I want to try these so bad… but good lord that price tag. I find it extremely hard to justify paying that much… same with the fact I want to try the empyrean too lol

3 Likes

Especially when a ZMF VC is almost half the price.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hello friends! We will be having a special live stream tonight 12/9/21 at 6 pm Pacific with Dan Clark presented by TSAV’s YouTube channel and would love to see you there with us to discuss the Stealth headphones, tech, music, life, synergy, and take some questions from the live chat! See you tonight!

2 Likes

I tried these headphones at canjam with a GSX Mini amp, and I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. Made me want to take out a loan. It was THAT good!

2 Likes