DAP for a home stereo

Looking for a DAP for my home stereo thats around the $250 AUD and has the ability to control it with BT. Currently im using a shanling m1 as a DAP for the stereo and understandably its pretty underpowered. I’ve looked at the SMSL DP3 for insperation but it has far more features than what I was looking for and a price to match. I only need RCA / optical out and able to be controlled via BT like my shanling m1.
Any suggestions?

It will be hard to find anything at that price point.
Although, have you considered getting a used LGV30 or V20 and instead of using it as a phone, as a DAP? They have really good audio quality.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, The porblem was that the shanling didnt have a high enough output for the stereo, so the hope was somthing like the SMSL DP3 which has RCA output would resole that issue. I mean the shanling is fine for the time being and does a decent job, I just have to have the output set to close to 90 on high gain to even get close to a good output for the stereo. I don’t think a mobile phone would have enough output to get the required signal out aswell.

Sorry, I think I am a little confused. Are you saying you are using the player itself just hooked straight up to the stereo system?

yea, prob should have worded it differently. so as it stands atm ive got the headphone out from the shanling m1 going into a stereo system (yamaha HTR-6230) via 3.5mm to RCA. Like I said it works well enough, however becuse the stereo is expecting a higher strength signal from the RCA port Ive had to set the shanlings output to close to max even with high gain. So my hope was if someone knew of a audio player that had RCA out and was able to be controlled via bluetooth like the shanling. hope that clarifies thing a bit more.