DAP for Amazon HD Music

I am interested in buying a new DAP. I have only used iPods up until this point (I still own several). My current portable setup is a Fostex HP-P1 and an iPod Classic. I would like to add a DAP only option.

Question: Does anyone have any experience downloading Amazon HD Music to a DAP for offline play? I have previously used Tidal, and it appears that only a few DAPs were able to do offline playback. I have now switched to Amazon and I am curious if it has the same limitations. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I would suggest getting aphone instead much more versatile in this case like a LG v20pr v30, or LG g7 Thinq they have great built in DACs that measure pretty damn well

2 Likes

Recommend Shanling M6 or Hiby R6 pro, all support Amazon HD Music

1 Like

Thanks, I will check those out.

That’s a good idea. I will consider that. I am not looking to change phones or anything, but I think I could use one as a basic Android music player. Thanks

It’s faster and more feature rich than most daps, and has a super solid dac and pretty good amp for most iems. The v20 has a removable battery too so you don’t have to worry about that. It can also be had for a very reasonable price

1 Like

You are welcome, Shanling M6 is latest DAP

I have a m6 and I have been very disappointed with Amazon music hd on it, I’m basically stuck with it. Now I’m using my phone and a qudelix.