Hi all, need some advice on room layout. My vision is to build my dream 7.2.4 theater with two rows of seating, 2nd row on a riser with 3 seats in each row. The best space available in the basement of my new house is only 12ft wide with 7 ft ceilings (length is flexible and not an issue). This seems tight to me for a theater of this level. My concerns are:
- There only seems to be about 26 inches of aisle space on each side with three seat rows based on measuring
- Also means that side surrounds would only be ~26 inches from listeners (I plan to go bi-poles in the middle of the two rows to help with this)
- Is 7’ ceiling enough separation between Atmos speakers and bed layer?
- Clearance of head space from riser to ceiling is limited
- The ceiling is not 100% flat and symmetrical as there is some ductwork along the back right corner of the space.
What’s everyone experience with similar room widths and heights? Wondering if I should just go with the layout as is or look at some major renovation to alter the width/ceiling height?