[deleted thread]

What are you using to play music? Optical doesn’t support asio but it does support WASAPI on Windows which does the same thing as asio

Since the enog2 pro is only optical or coax you don’t have to mess around with any drivers

Yeah I don’t know tbh, but if it isn’t using wasapi it doesn’t really matter that much anyway, because most people would be pretty hard-pressed to hear the difference, if there ended up being one (same with asio)

Hi MON, can ASIO and/or WASAPPI be enabled when using spotify?

I don’t know since I don’t use spotify. It wouldn’t really be worthwhile to really enable it though as it wouldn’t really do much since everything would be 16 bit 44.1 lossy

And through tidal hifi? Whats flac/lossless if im not mistaken

Tidal can operate in an exclusive mode

Thanx MON, I have spotify atm and very happy with it. Hastle free and they have everything. But there was one thread where someone posted tidal hifi links and I compared the same songs on spotify and they actually sounded better on tidal hifi. Almost like I had a better amp lol.

Yeah the better lossless quality is beneficial to getting better sound

If you really want to listen to dsd, dsd64 easily converts to 24 bit 88.2khz pcm. Most dsd music are either remasters of classic albums or more jazz or classical

[deleted comment]

Correct, dsd is pretty rare tbh

Well, just make sure your turntable has a phono preamp, and if it does you should be able to just connect the koss to the phono pre output

1 Like

So to effectively use that turntable with the 95x, you would need to get a phono preamp. Does it have a MM (Moving Magnet) or MC (Moving Coil) cartage? You can pick a phono preamp from there depending on if it’s a MM or MC

You can get a new turntable but the pioneer seems pretty good, but I am not super experienced with vinyl setups so I can’t help you too much

I’m a bit late to this party, and I haven’t read all the comments yet, so forgive me if this has been said already.

I have the SMSL THX and the Geshelli Archel 2 Pro sounds as good but has less power… So if you like the style and don’t need the power you can save a few dollars.

The Magni Heresy, which I’ve been reviewing… Actually sending it back to Schiit tomorrow. Sounds better than my liquid spark. Its more resolving. It is crazy close to the sound I’m getting from SMSL SP200. Again, its so close that unless you just really wanted the SMSL or needed a balanced plug I’d recommend the Schiit Magni Heresy. It sounds about the same as the Geshelli and has more power.

I’m waiting for a demo unit from Geshelli of the archel 2.5.

I still don’t have the Atom on hand so I don’t want to speak on it.

The atom essentially sounds like the heresy but with slightly better timbre and less power, it can be hard to tell them apart

1 Like

[deleted comment]

Yeah, I found the same thing with the SP200, Archel 2 pro and Heresy. they all sound basically identical across all the headphones I tested when I volume matched all the amps.

They put the Spark and Magni 3 to shame…lol but the spark doesn’t compress as bad Magni 3

I am curious to see what you think of the 2.5 lol. The archel 2 pro already edges out the sp200 imo and the 2.5 is an improvement to that imo

I’m a huge Geshelli Labs fan, they are great. I use the ENOG 2 as my DAC. It is light years better than the modi3. The modi compresses the heck out of your music…

I can’t begin to explain how much better it is. The magni 3 compresses some too. So the Magni 3/Modi 3 combo is compression city. You’ll hear a lot more music once you get away from it.

The Modi is the main culprit, so if you are replacing your system a part at a time get the DAC first.

ENOG 2 Review

Archel 2 Pro Review

After using the Archel and the Heresy I can admit the THX amps are over rated now. Maybe before those amps THX was a must have.

The SP200 might be .1% better sound wise compared to the Archel 2 and the Heresy, but it cost %100 more.

100% mark up to get .1 better sound (Maybe, not even .1) is probably not worth it.

I won’t be getting rid of the SP200, but if I can save someone a few dollars I will.