Desktop amp for RB42

I just bought some RB42s (they’re back instock on Amazon BTW) and will need an amp to pair with them. I was considering the Loxjie A10 red wedge thing mostly because it’s small. But I’m wondering if there’s something better I can get. I don’t mind if it’s a bit more expensive, but I need it to be small. I intend to use it at my desk and it’s already crowed. I have a cable management tray under my desk where I can put it which is where I intended to put the Loxjie.

I have at my desk already a Schiit Modi 3 DAC and Heresy headphone amp which I intended to use the preamp outs to feed the speaker amp.

Is the Loxjie a good pairing for this setup or is there a better option?

I would personally get the topping pa3 (though I have read that this one has a bit of noise floor), smsl sa300, or smsl da8s depending on budget. I personally have the da-8s and it is a great small form factor speaker amp with really clean power and lots of it (currently using 25-30 out of 60 volume for nearfield on desk). Or if you’re looking for something in similar price bracket, then the SMSL SA100

I see the SMLS ones both use digital volume control. Do they remember the volume level if they lose power?

Emotiva a100 does a great job for rb42s imo

Edit: missed the part about needing it to be small, sorry

1 Like

If you want something that is a bit higher preforming than the a100 but similar signature, a parasound zamp v3 would work pretty nicely since you would control volume from your amp