Desktop Bookshelf Speaker Recommendations

subwoofer?

edit: for any of u guys looking. u can get bookshelf + sub + amp for 250ish$

edit2: i would go with a fosi or nobosound off of amazon over the pa3. same amp for half the price.

All of mine have a very slight hiss, with the Kali’s having the most, but I don’t notice it at the desk, can always reduce overall volume on the speaker

Anyone have experience with the edifier 350db, which also seems like an amazing deal and got great reviews esp from Z.

240$ for those

That would be a great 2.1 to start with. Although I went with the b625-air speakers. I still use the speakers (surround duty) and sub on my 5.1 setup.

1 Like

the air are great as well, just larger with a little less refined woofer. i wish they would make air versions of the MK402’s. ribbon tweeters sound great

1 Like

Hello,
I’m also in the process of putting something together myself.However, I find the sound technically a bit thin on such a budget. Theoretically, you are just as well served with a set of Pc speakers that sounds relatively similar.
If necessary, it’s okay, but if you want to hear a bandwidth like on the headphones, another system would be a better choice.
So that you connect your Dac via Rca Out to a stereo amplifier, and you are also quite flexible when it comes to speaker selection, which are also more qualitative.
A used, functional stereo amplifier does it for the first time; an older Denon Pma series or Harman Kardon, Pioneer, onkyo can be found under $ 100 in part. Even speakers if you want.
So you have a little bit, but mainly more budget for good speakers, and you will get your money’s worth.
The old stereo amplifiers have a lot more power than such small mini amps that run out of steam quite quickly. Would be my tip to you.
Just have a look at used stereo amps and speakers Elac Debut 5.2 or 6.2 series, Polk audio.
I recently bought a new Denon Pma 800 NE and I’m still looking for suitable speakers. I just heard Elac Debut 5.2 in the shop today and it wasn’t that bad. On the Elac Usa page you even offer a B-Sale, which we offer not have in Germany