Desktop speakers

Hello all,

Powered Monitors for Mixing

Hello all i will be building a 12x20 bedroom which will have a dedicated space for my computer and i am looking to get some recommendations on a set of powered monitors that are neutral so that i can listen to music on my computer as my Klipsch RP 600ms will be used with my tv in a separate space. my budget would be $600 and while im at it i am also looking for a sub to pair with my 600 m’s budget for that is $300 to play around. looking for a 12 inch.

Find some used Adam Audio monitors lots out there and you can get some spectacular gear as you know we stupid audiophiles keep upgrading to the next best!

1 Like

Which model of adam audio?

If you want a neutral monitor go 6.5" Woofer max more accurate 5" T5V , A5X , I found a set a mint F7 and love them.

2 Likes

I was going to write the same. I have a pair of A5X that I love. Had a pair of T7s for the TV before I updgraded lol. Love the neutral sound sig and sublime tweeters. So clear and clean!

1 Like

How about the t5v?

1 Like

T5V a great choice and not too pricey!

2 Likes

Any tips on what to use to connect them to my pc?

Your probably going to need a DAC/amp with aleast RCA out if your running longer distance XLR connectors or want more input use balanced out for better noise isolation and sound.

What’s your budget maybe we can recommend something.

1 Like

For the speakers $600 max. I have a modi 3 plus with an asgard that i use for headphones. But for the speakers I’d say $200 for a dac for them.

1 Like

Your Asgard has preouts correct? RCA to the monitor

1 Like

The T5V would be a great option.

Topping makes some pretty decent DACs for the money.

Topping E30 II DAC Preamp Audio Decoder- 2xAK4493S Hi-Res XMOS XU208 DAC 32Bit/768kHz DSD512 DSD Direct Mode for USB/Coax/Opt Inputs RCA HiFi Stereo Digital Audio Decoder(Black) https://a.co/d/3cHy7Bj

1 Like

I am also considering the kali 8 inch monitors.

The recording artist I bought the A7nfrom now swears by the Genelec 8030 as well , I have not heard myself but I am in love with folded horn tweeters

2 Likes

Most likely I’ll be going with the t5v. What dac do you recommend for these? With xlr connections? My budget would be $200 these will be used with my pc. Can my modi 3 plus be used with this?

I would highly recommend a Geshelli J2 AKM4493 w usb $250 can’t be beat!

Volume control will have be be out of you computer.

That’s what I am doing except after my J2 is the Topping A90D XLR out to monitors and RCA to my sub

1 Like

I would recommenced finding and using a DAC/PREAMP for the new monitors with a volume control.
The volume level will always be in ok levels. Controlling it with PC alone, there is always a possibility that the volume is at full blast by accidental adjustment or by something else.
Something you do not want to happen again, if it happens ones.

Edit:
Did not notice you had Asgard ?
If running it with RCA - PREOUT you should have volume control.
If wanting DAC/PREAMP with XLR connections, then the previous comment with volume control

1 Like

Desktop powered speakers are all I own and I own many, most of which are 2.1 sets as i’m a bass lover. My best set are the Kanto Tuk’s which sound and look amazing but if they’re a little rich for your blood there’s others by Klipsch, Audioengine, KEF, Vanatoo, Kanto and Edifier which are also really good

1 Like

I am looking at the t5v or the kali 8 in v2.

Did you see any on the used market CAM? Not sure where you live?