Discussion thread on THIEAUDIO HYPE 2/4/10...; THIEAUDIO Prestige LTD/OG and other interesting IEMs

It might be down to library differences

2 Likes

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/
^^^ Or to summarize briefly what I wrote and what this person is trying to describe: 1. Soundstage depends on the recording. But I don’t think it’s as wide as this review describes it. However, the height is commendable. It should be explained to the reviewer that the compact stage helps the overall dynamics. 2. Dynamics are above price, both macro and micro. 3. Resolution is adequate for the price point. 4. The bass is above the price point and one of the tastiest on the ChiFi market right now. 5. He guessed which genres HYPE2 is good for, maybe he read my impressions. :grinning: 6. Instrument separation is below or at the price point.
This is more succinctly written if you don’t feel like reading long, colorful, wordy reviews.

2 Likes

ZiiGaat Cinocotres introduces groundbreaking Isobaric Dynamic Driver Subwoofers with 2 separate 10mm polymer diaphragm drivers, offering enhanced sub-bass frequencies and tactile quality. The studio-tuned design focuses on a precise sub-bass shelf at 300Hz, eliminating mid-bass bloat and providing a clean, neutral midrange tonality. With a specific treble peak at 3kHz for ear curvature compensation, the sound signature maximizes instrument and vocal clarity. Utilizing Sonion and Knowles Balanced Armature Drivers in a 3-way crossover, Cinocotres ensures optimal tonal balance for professional studio and stage use, catering to musicians, engineers, and audiophiles.

Another thing of interest for fans of isobaric bass :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Hype 4 in another shell probably!

4 Likes

:fire:+HYPE2+ :fire:

2 Likes

Dry subbass with HYPE2 :fire: :rocket:

Fantastic…

1 Like

Slightly more voluminous bass in the Hype 10 along with better terrible extension (both of which we already knew from description) but Hype 4 has a smoother down slope from 3khz onwards.

Really looking forward to impressions and comparisons. It might be one of these two for me, the Hype 10 if it proves special at the price.

7 Likes

FR looks promising. Extensions are there. This could be a breakout for the price!
​I imagine they will have sick bass with this configuration.

5 Likes

Interesting that Hype 4 still has that massive dropoff at 20K same with the Hype 2 despite having 2 more tweeters.

It is just 1 more tweeter, not 2.

H4 uses dual tweeter and dual mids BA.

H2 is single tweeter and single mids BA.

They switched out the E25ST tweeter in the H2 for the new E50 hummingbird dual tweeter in the H4.

No graph for it so dunno how it looks, but most sonion tweeters dont extend as well as knowles tweeters (which is why they are not used as often as knowles tweeters afaik).

2 Likes

Makes sense, though at that range it’s like, the trailing ends of high notes and atmospherics lol.

yes it is true that there isnt much there except for some overtones so not too much of a deal.

16 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:
Thieaudio’s best customer right there…

4 Likes

Bruhhhhh whatttttt

1 Like

That photo has been posted on thieaudio twitter profile too. I’m not sure that it is coming from SoundEater. Maybe he can confirm or not.

I have not written anywhere that the photo is mine! I liked the picture so I posted it. :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah. In my opinion the v16 has the most beautiful faceplate. Thieaudio has a talented artist.

1 Like

3 Likes

does Prestige is more sparkly more brighter sound vs mkiii?

1 Like