Discussion thread on THIEAUDIO HYPE 2/4/10...; THIEAUDIO Prestige LTD/OG and other interesting IEMs

the treble on all the tribrids sound better and more extended, the hype 2 has lifeless dead treble texture to my ears. other than that i prefer everything on the hype2 really. but thats just the demo the real life experience may be different.
the bass difference on hype2 is just brutal, punchier and more satisfying compared to all tribrids.

2 Likes

Bruтal bass has HYPE2. Treble extension is worse, but sounds better to me (maybe because of SA6 MK2) :fire:

I assume that it will be inferior in resolution and stage!

1 Like

And the winner for me in this subjective IEM listening is…:

Brutally good bass with good highs and mids, perfect dynamics and balance to my ears! :fire: :fire: :fire: :metal: :purple_heart:

idk, listening to sound demos with iems is not accurate tbh, iems have artificial non flat tunings to match the inside ear canal acoustics and to match how outer ear/body changes the way we hear frequencies in an " in ear form". like that boosted 3k or boosted treble/bass etc… .so listening to iem demos just stacks their tuning on top of the tuning of your current iem.
but anyways after a/b the hype vs oracle mk2 it seems like the oracle doesn’t even have punch to its bass, it sounds hollow and textureless. i feel like its bass is is just straight up useless after listening to hype2 :grimacing:

3 Likes

For the price, despite the subjective listening on YouTube, I think the HYPE2 are impressive, especially in the bass.

1 Like

With the acoustic guitar the MK3 sounds a bit artificial to me, the HIPE2 has a lot of boom in the low notes, it’s most natural with the Prestige OG to my ears.

and even on speakers they are not accurate because you will never know how the iem will sound inside your ears. they use a mic that has 0 similarities to ear canal shape to record the demos so you wont know how your specific ears will react to the iems tuning irl and if you actually will like the treble amount eargain level etc…or not. though its just good to compare the differences like bass quality for example or comparing the general tonalities of 2 or more iems.

1 Like

I know, it is. I’m talking generally about tonality and bass from what I hear.
For now: Prest OG > MK3>HYPE2>Prest LTD for tonality!
For bass: HYPE2 and Prest OG.

hard disagree :joy: prestige og got a boomy and bouncy bass on demos, the hype 2 sound more controlled and punchy, it hits deeper too.

Tonally, the Prest OG’s bass is more correct to my ears. With HYPE2, there is a little more impact.
But I guess that’s a matter of taste. For example, most people don’t like Prest OG’s treble, I like it.

2 Likes

I was able to snag the purple face version via Amazon overnite and I have to say these at the price do not dissapoint. The bass impact is frankly disturbingly delicicous. Bass quantity is also there and very controlled. We are not talking FATFreq quantity but will supply all the rumble you will ever need. The mid-range is excellent. Male vocals actually have a surprising weight to them despite the flat mid-range curve. Female vocales are not to forward or laid back, just seem to be centered. The treble is sufficient, and non fatiguing. My only complaint are that symbols and high-hats lack consistent definition. Sound stage is slightly above average, thanks to the Sonion BAs, but is hampered by the treble roll off. This is a perfect set to compliment something like the Blessing 3, where its strength is mid-range and treble, although to the point where it can get a little splashy. However, the Blessing 3 bass, while decent is nowhere on the level of the ThieAudio Hype 2.

6 Likes

5LLlqpO

2 Likes

giphy (1)

There are also such “reviewers”. We should respect everyone’s opinion, even trolls :nerd_face:

BTW, after reading the “review” I am seriously considering hanging myself :smile:

1 Like

Reviewer: Overall (6.35/10, A-)

I wish I graded A- when I scored 63.5% on my exams.

7 Likes

Two opinions about Prest OG:

Hirofumi Hibino

Best IEM for music production

"As a tool for music production, we bought this one after comparing and auditioning around 12 flagship models from different companies.

If fitted properly, they more than fulfil their role as reference monitors, true to their claims.

The expression from low mid to middle is very accurate, not like the monarch mk2, which does not magically sound all around the vocals.
The high end is smooth on carefully processed sound sources.
The low end is also very accurate, with boomy sources sounding boomy and tight sources sounding tight.

In other words, whether you can listen to it comfortably or not depends on the quality of the sound source. In a sense, this is a cruel kind of accuracy.

The most notable feature is the spatial expression. In particular, expressions using modulation, such as chorus effects, sound with outstanding resolution and accuracy. The reverb tail is also accurate.And, as a matter of course, the transients of each track during mixing and the slight differences in EQ are reflected and reproduced.

I’m sure the excellent crossover circuit design is responsible for the low distortion.

It’s fantastic. I may buy another one to take out and introduce to my production colleagues."

N.J.

Excellent treble, but never painful!

"I often fatigue within a few songs of listening to my Focal Elear’s regardless of EQ settings if I wanted the volume to feel “satisfying”, so I was a bit worried about finding the Prestige set to be painful on my ears without significant EQ in the treble. I found this was not the case at all - with only a slight boost to the ~2k area, I find myself only restricting volume due to long term health concerns rather than immediate ear irritation that happens with some other sets. But the treble is much better than simply being non-offensive, it is handled with an amazing level of detail and punchiness I had not experienced until now. Mids and lows are handled quite competently as well and meet any expectations I would have for the price point, but the way the treble is handled is definitely the thing that makes this set stand out. Some audio gear’s level of resolution can come at the cost of subjectively degrading enjoyment of amateurly produced or intentionally lo-fi music, but some mix of the tuning and technical proficiency of the Prestige allows it to capture all the hi-fi microdetails I’ve ever heard out of tracks while being forgiving to lower quality mastering, showing it at its best rather than making shortcomings in production quality the focus of the listening experience.

When picking out a high-end IEM, it felt a bit risky choosing one with so few professional & customer reviews such as the Prestige, but the only possible gripe I have had with it in my time with it is the nozzle size. With MDR-7550’s as my travel pair spoiling me with super thin nozzles to make for a 0-fatigue fit, the Prestige is less generous in contrast, but still comfortable enough for hours of uninterrupted listening.

In short, well tuned out the box but responds well to EQ, very technically solid across the board but shines most in the treble and most importantly pleasing to use for my entire music library. My daily driver around the house for the foreseeable future."

^^^This is for those who only look at the FR and comment on the treble extension as bad. :slightly_smiling_face:

Another review, those who only write praises! TBH I don’t like such commercial reviews.

1 Like

Hype train :wink:

4 Likes