DMS and his 2021 IEM roundup

Here is the graph from Dunu’s website.

1 Like

Here is mine (IEC711 clone):

and
Crinacle´s:

2 Likes

i mean at least 75-80% of the music i listen to is electric based so i think i’d be good lol

i do like a bit of upper treble though so thats a little hard and i just was saying because i like grados and the nighthawks seem like something i’d like so it would have a type of weird sound i like (though tbh i’d mostly want something in between the grados very little bass and the hip dacs bass boosted too much bass to the point of causing a bit of ear ache)

The nighthawks carbon are very different from the Zen though.

You’ve heard the hawks? I didn’t realized you dabbled in headphones of the over ear variety. :slight_smile:

Yeah I got it. I have a small headphone ranking as well.

damn IE300s don’t disappoint. The bass response is exceptional, detailed and crisp with some nice punch to it. Upper bass - lower mids are a bit recessed, but they come back for the vocal range, vocals are a bit thin (coming from Elex, never had IEMs so take that as you will), but very detailed and the imaging is excellent. A touch peaky in the highs, can get a little sibilant, but nothing dramatic or unacceptable.

i.e. they sound A LOT like how they measure here.

Honestly probably swapping my CA Cascades for these, basshead gear is probably always going to give up something in the other places, and i prefer the tradeoffs here with the IE300s to the Cascade where vocals sound like muffled or lost.