DNS/ISP issues for Site Host?

Exactly… most of my friends “consume” music as background noise and are happy with their 1 “smart” speaker setup, so its hard to discuss anything audiophile related, or music in general for that matter :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It really should not go down.

If this place is more than a backup plan should YouTube kick the bucket over night, it is, ehm… failing its objective.

Take this as the edit before the inital post:
There is no shame in asking for help. Either from a tech-forum (wink wink) or on the developers forum (I know the devs are a bit strange at times, their forum is helpful though!).

And I know Discourse can take a lot more abuse than just us few. Blizzard (yes, Activision Blizzard) uses Discourse for its forum software of choice.

2 Likes

This is my fave can forum and it’s annoying that it’s regularly borked. C’mon @ZeosPantera, spend some money on this fucker. Website issues should not be a regular occurrence - it’s 2020. And as a website owner myself, I would be embarrassed if my users had to deal with this. Sorry if I’m being a bit mean but throwing some money at server resources is part and parcel of owning a site.

The server has now been upgraded so hopefully it should be faster and more stable, but still a decent chance that it goes down because of a software issue

6 Likes

I liked the post where you talked about the upgrade. I wish there was a dislike button just for this quoted section. Generally dislike buttons can cause problems. But I think we can all agree about disliking the forum crashing.

How do you feel about the forum problems?
  • Happens to the Best
  • Fix it, please!
0 voters

Missed everybody.

I voted fix it because i found it very courteous followed with a please

2 Likes

I would vote to fix it, but the first step to fixing is knowing what broke.

It what is breaking it?

I’ve seen another forum that uses the same software (nothing to do with audio) had some issues with certain plugins and runaway scripts. It took the admins about a day to figure it out and it never had an issue since.

That’s being figured out, we have very minimal plugins and I swear they only happened when some images were uploaded, and then the instance most likely ran out of memory or resources, so I think it has something to do with imagemagick screwing up and that’s built into the docker but can’t say for sure, I don’t really do anything with the backend on this site

3 Likes

I think everything got much worse. Now, almost every time I click on the homepage or go back (arrow back in browser), I get a server error and the option to click try again. Drafts crash, Hifiguides crashes, almost have to click refresh every time.

I am not sure if this is only for me or what - but I haven’t had any issues on other websites

Your browser may have cached the bad pages. Instead of clicking the refresh button, hit “command + R” (on Mac - don’t remember what it is on Windows anymore). This tells the browser “load the page as if you’ve never seen it before” so if it’s a caching issue, it will be resolved.

1 Like

Interestingly enough, I also used the command + R shortcut. May need to restart my Mac in this case.

That shouldn’t make a difference. IF it is a browser cache issue a restart won’t change anything. Given that command + R didn’t solve the problem I doubt that’s the issue.

1 Like

This keeps popping up… even though I am not located in Czech Republic

Interesting. I wonder why it’s routing you through there. Click here and see where it shows you.

1 Like

It routes me to the correct location, to the one where I am currently located in
I also don’t know why it is routing me to a whole different country (Czech Republic)

Are you using a VPN or the Tor browser?

1 Like

Absolutely not. I use Waterfox, no VPN or anything of that sort

1 Like

Closest CloudFlare Datacenter may be located there.
Keep in mind, the routes your traffic takes through the internet could not care less for national borders.

1 Like