DNS/ISP issues for Site Host?

FYI

Mentioning it so it’s seen but there was a good outage last night, site access, maybe 8~10 hours or so. Looking at the time stamps for posts would confirm this.

Just in case you guys had the same question. It’s actually happened twice now in the last few days, it’s just that last night it was a long outage.

4 Likes

I had the same issue here of late with the site. Just figured maybe some sort of bad weather or somethin

2 Likes

To be quite honest it’s actually just the server taking a shit itself, it really needs more resources, it tends to die when people upload images that it can’t handle from what I have seen, it’s kinda under-spec’d for how large the site really is

5 Likes

setup a go fund me so they can upgrade their server? LoL!

1 Like

Is not DNS related, I got a 524 (Cloudflare code: TCP ok, http not responding) yesterday.

Discourse (the software this forum runs on) has a minimum of 1GB RAM with swap enabled.
Hardware recs for reference.

I don’t think we are running on a dedicated server. Feels like cheapest AWS (← kinda overpriced), DigitalOcean or Linode box he could find with how sluggish the forum is at times.

Pretty sure it is an aws instance, would have to check

well…I assumed it was a rented server…so just funds to upgrade the subscription to hardier standards :slight_smile:

I thought maybe Zeos didn’t pay the ISP bill now that he’s “house poor.” :smile:

3 Likes

maybe he unplugged the ethernet cable while he was moving the server? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And again. The reliability of this site is quite embarrassing if you ask me.

3 Likes

Did I single-handedly crash the site by uploading my Dekoni Blue review :man_facepalming:t2:?

2 Likes

Nah that was a few hours before it went down, so I think your safe lol

1 Like

I had a ton of pics, that’s why I’m like… did I f up

The point is, that shouldn’t matter. The server should be able to handle it.

2 Likes

Makes reading the important morning news on HFG kind of difficult… I look forward to the important headlines of the day on HFG!!!

2 Likes

Good to have the forums up and running again. Its scary how addicted you get to a place like this :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very scary…I guess I have developed a rhythm to my life and when a sour note (forum down) plays it kind of messes your whole day up…

@ZeosPantera this issue seems like it’s becoming more frequent of an issue. IDK who’s in charge of backend stuff, but is there any fix in the works?

2 Likes

Misery loves company. lol

3 Likes

100% agree. For me finding fellow audiophiles and/or home theater enthusiasts in the wild has been extremely difficult. HFGF has been a way to connect with other humans who share a similar passion. I really enjoy that aspect.

5 Likes