Do we really need expensive gear?

Anyway, my comment was partially tongue-in-cheek, just based on the post that folks have found their endgame and want to sell off their stuff. Was having some fun with it is all.

Probably be worth it with expensive or hard to get items.

Most international shipments cost me under $150, now for something i can’t get in my homeland the cost is relative to how badly you want the item. Especially if i’m willing to split the cost of shipping w/ you. Again, that’s just me wanting to be kind to someone that can’t get something in their homeland. YMMV

And that was my point. A $150.00 shipping charge makes no sense on a $100.00, $200.00 or even a $300.00 item.

Do they ding for duties, taxes or “fees” on used gear?

However when it comes to $800.00, $1,000.00 or above it makes a lot more sense.

I ship allot of specialty fabric value $10, weighs allot, worth nothing, don’t know what to tell you. Merry Christmas tho!

Where I live headphones used or new aren’t on the duty list, but they do incur VAT. You can look up the HS code in your country’s customs website to see if they do.

Wow! So, the majority of your products cost is shipping then? That’s tough.

VAT on used gear? That is tough. Maybe that would be the same for me if I bought used gear internationally? Do you guys just make like a $20.00 value declaration?

Not for importing, maybe for exporting. I’ve never done it.

And Merry Christmas to you too!

And to everyone on the forum!!

3 Likes

Yea Marry Christmas from South Africa

2 Likes

And to get back on topic, i love my aivas and know i dont need anything better. I have a low level amp and feel the aivas aren’t giving me their full potential due to the amp/dac. So when I get a decent amp and dac ill be happy. I just want their full potential. And if its any better than what i hear now ill be happy. I love upgrading but it gets to a point where your just running in circles.

But, would you want to just have one sound forever?

I had different sounds before and prefer this one. For now im happy. Maybe the Arolus in the future but that will be it. And then just the perfect solid state and tube amp with a decent dac. Sorted

well I mean entirely depends on the person some of us choose to have many others prefer to have one . another group prefers to have many sounds but only owning one

I think most people would probably get distracted by different sounding headphones, like listening to a master of a song that’s just slightly off.

So, two headphones and two amps are the goal?

I hear ya!

It can be jarring when you change up, but it’s also fun

True…extra characters.

You just have to give yourself some time to adjust and then it’s a non issue

3 Likes