Do you wish you had an endgame headphone?

Well, I still want to try electrostats and the ESP95Xs are 500$… damn curiosity. :stuck_out_tongue:

$400* Buy them while they are still on sale. Absolutely worth it even if it does feel like a toy on your head

1 Like

The ESP95x were another headphone I bought after getting my endgame Empyreans. Completely different sound, and I liked them so much I took the plunge on Stax L700 MK2s. I wanted that sound, only better**

Yeah well I got a lot of other things to buy before spending 400 or 500 on headphones heh. Next year maybe.

Stax L700 mk2, Zmf Aeolus or Hifiman he 6se would be a endgame for me.

I will own 2 of those 3 in the next 2 months, and I hope you are right

Not really but i could have sennheiser HE1 as endgame headphone.

I honestly get surprised when people take the plunge and get high end, to then not want to listen to anything lower then that. I still enjoy plenty of mid-range or lower headphones despite owning higher end ones.

2 Likes

Damn you’re starting to sound like BGGAR #Blon 03 :smile:

Well the difference is I don’t think the lower ones are superior lol. I just like listening to them sometimes

:wink::+1:

I think the only way for me to ever have an endgame headphone is for the soundstage to legit feel like there are speakers at least 5 feet away from me. Which i don’t think exist and if they so they are probably out of my proce range lol. Im kind of more like a happy with what i have kind of guy. If i did have an audio endgame however it would be some sort of speaker, that im sure would be a possible endgame

1 Like

Well, have you considered something like the akg k1000 or myspheres (or the raal sr1a), that might get you close lol

But I mean at that point speakers might make more sense

1 Like

Interesting point…
Maybe, true endgame is to have the same components as the artist who recorded it.

Well, there’s definitely nothing wrong in hearing things in the recordings that the artist wasn’t even able to hear 50 or, hell, 100 years ago, when speakers were made with branches and stones and… :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, studio equipment is good for detail/speed/neutral/natural sound, but doesn’t worry about depth/soundstage… Just anything neutral-ish will obviously give you an accurate representation of what the original recording was meant to sound like.

1 Like

Someone here said the Thieaudio Phantoms had soundstage “as wide as Broadway”…

1 Like

Lol i searched em and yeah for sure I’d prefer speakers at that point. Considering that i live in the country with plenty of space and no concern for interrupting neighbors. Im happy with my current line of iems and 1 headphone for the headphone sound. For speaker sound ill just eventually get speakers

I really wanna try em out after seeing them tho lol

Based on this guy i guess broadway isn’t that wide ha

Lol well you still will have to spend then if you wanted the components actually used in the chain besides the speakers