Do you wish you had an endgame headphone?

the Alara and the Quad’s are not the same headphone…not even close. the Quad’s have a completely different housing and are physically bigger. the only thing they have that’s similar is the back grill and it’s not the same either.

Like the 50 000$ mixing console :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m actually skipping a console for my studio since I really don’t need it

This was from Zeos when I asked him about them on DM…

Jun 19

“Ive heard the Quad Planar and they are basically the Brainwavz Alara over here”

I have no idea myself but was lead to believe Brainwavz made them for Quad?

I think #LeDechaine’s original quote was mine??? and I guessing your copy and paste was from someone who’s listening to the sock out of the box Phantoms?..I’m Listening to Dark Side of the Moon as I type and the stripped back, balanced Phantoms that do indeed offer a good soundstage :+1:

nope…they’re nothing alike. side by side the Quad’s are huge to the Alara’s.

1 Like

Yup, it was you!
(I just searched for “broadway” in the forum, heh – should have done this first).

1 Like

Currently, the DT1990 is my end game. I’ve had a few sets that cost more than they did. But they fit me best sound signature wise. Now, I would like them better if they were more comfy. The clamp is still strong on mine even after 2+ years. Funny others have mentioned the Phantoms, they were the one’s I would consider trying out if I had the cash. Simply going by Zeos’ sound demo. Maybe eventually. As far as which camp I fall into, I did own about 15 sets at one time. I’m down to 4 along with some cheap sets of iems now. So I did enjoy trying different sets when I could, but don’t think I want to fall down that hole again any time soon.

1 Like

My end game goal atm is the Argon Mk 3, but I feel I’ll also buy the t60 if I ever get a bit of cash lying around.

I’d be curious about DT177Xs, for Beyerdynamics which aren’t… trebledynaBeats. :no_mouth:

“but… but… these no longer makes the blood come out, how will you hear da music?” -Zeos

I’ve been curious about them too, mainly due to my love of the 1990 and my old 770 as well. Just not much into buying cans that cost that much without some kind of tryout anymore.

I bought a used stellia off a friend for a really good price. I really like them and are incredibly versatile if you put up the gain a bit as it makes the bass hit harder for some reason. For me, outside of getting monitoring and mixing headphones, these are my current endgame. I want other headphones, especially electrostats’ but if I cant buy them for whatever reason, I still have this and am happy with my purchase.

But I agree that this idea of end game doesn’t really exist as much more than a transitory concept in this hobby. There will always be something new to interest us. Great because it keeps giving us stuff to look forward to. Bad for our wallets though, lol

2 Likes

End game is like musical chairs. Your end game audio set-up is the one you will have on hand when your GAS affliction switches targets from audio to some other domain.

3 Likes

Yep lol. I’m just waiting for it to switch back to filmmaking equipment. I can hear my wallet weeping uncontrollably already.

2 Likes

Ah, so you have the ping-pong rather than the musical chairs kind of GAS affliction! My sympathies.

My wallet will be in studio mode once the construction starts lol

2 Likes

everyone is going off track. endgame is what the user calls endgame…if it’s a $150 headphone or a $3000 headphone, if they feel it’s endgame, it’s endgame.

I guess, in all my wording, I meant endgame in the sense of being so comfortable and content having one headphone that you don’t feel or see the need to find ‘another’.

5 Likes

Same for when it comes time to building my editing rig. The whole thing will cost an arm and a leg

Ah, I have to get the addition to my house built first before I can get the room fully treated and the interior finished

I need to get my room treated a bit but I have bookcases where I’m setting up that do a lot of the work it seems. I’m helping my dad set up a podcasting studio that will be more fun cause it will be largely diy

1 Like