Does something like this exist?

IEM’s designed to just sit inside your ear with a light seal that doesn’t really insert into your ear canal and are also wireless?

I have always had trouble with IEM’s, where even those with the smallest tips still push their way out…or when I’ve used Etymotic’s ER, are extremely uncomfortable.

I’d love something like the Bose SoundSport Wireless, but with the lighter insertion I desire. thinking about them, perhaps getting an ear-hook / loop vs. the lil silicon spacer it comes with could let them have the light fit. :thinking:

oh…and a good microphone for answering calls from my PC.

Original AirPods?

Those are called (Flathead) earbuds. (Example, Yincrow X6) (OR Rikubuds of course.)

Or perhaps the hybrid type which is like the airpods. (Example, Yincrow RW-100)

3 Likes

For a few years, Google’s wired USB-C earbuds were my go-to for just about everything phone-related. Extremely comfortable and lightweight, especially with the adjustable loops. Sound quality is not bad either.

The original pixel buds (wireless) are the only ones to retain that shape, with the subsequent models opting for the in-ear design. I also bet that the added weight on the sides for the batteries and boards ruins the weight/comfort factor that the wired ones had.

google_ga00205_pixel_buds_black_1614267403_1385373

You weren’t asking for this, but just in case; these in-ear “horn” tips from 7Hz make most IEMs pretty comfortable for me. For the large tips in particular, I only need them to sit right at the entrance of the ear canal to make them stay in. That might be a solution if you don’t like stock tips.

2 Likes

it is most interesting…Bose just announced a new earbud that almost sounds exactly like what I was asking about. I don’t have $450 CAD to buy them when they’re available but I’m gonna borrow the wife’s SoundSport Wireless and see if I can jury-rig them.

1 Like

That brand name…

avatars-000123657183-ahnx35-t500x500

I’m not sure how I’d feel about the thing pinching my ears the whole time. I swear there was a product that I saw that looked like one of those wireless bone-conduction open-ear sets, but was just a speaker firing into the ear canal.

**Ah, they’re “air conduction” headphones. Isn’t that just a “headphone” by definition? lol

1 Like

If that is the type you want then.

3 Likes