Dom Q’s spot (Recap of CanJam NYC and other things)

Dude, seriously. I’m happy they got everything sorted!

That’s fair - It’s mostly with my wife on the way home from work, we usually talk for half my ride home so I like having the BTR7 or the Muse M4 hooked up because I don’t have to have my phone up to my ear. My car is pretty old so it’s too noisy using the BT in the car to talk on the phone, I usually have to yell over the rode and tire noise haha

Most of my calls are also with my wife on the way home, but she is typically trying to con me into stopping at the store for something. The entire drive is 3 miles, so her window is pretty short unless traffic is bad.

My almost 21 year old WRX feels personally attacked with this. The car is so old that the stereo not only doesn’t have BT, it doesn’t have an AUX port. I am using a BT to Cassette adapter ( It does have a 6 disc CD Changer ).

2 Likes

LOL dude, my wife is the same way! :joy: we live literally right next to a corner store so I frequent that place almost every night getting snacks or drinks or whatever! I know you’re pain haha

Dude, LMAO my bad, I thought my 2014 Civic was old…. But honestly, you have a WRX, that things a classic! It doesn’t need BT

4 Likes

Good evening, everyone! Look what just landed courtesy of Hifigo.

I’ll be listening to em tonight and I’ll definitely be sharing my impressions tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great night, cheers :beers:

13 Likes

Enjoy. I think that’s a lovely set. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So far so good! Really enjoying them off the Muse M4 with a wired connection. Way way way more bass than I expected. I’m not sure if it’s the doing of the M4, but this set to my ears has a pretty thick and meaty presentation with a smooth as silk treble and upper mids.

I’m really digging them so far…. Like, really really liking them.

5 Likes

Watch it Dom……
Proud 2016 owner over here🤪

6 Likes

Loving my new-to-me 2003 Camry I bought last year when I was in a pinch. Came with 250k miles but still runs great. It does have a CD player and a cassette player.

@John_W_Clark what’s the sound quality like through the BT cassette adapter? When I tried the “Mixxtape” DAP in the deck, which I assume uses a magnetic head to in-situ mimic magnetic tape, the sound quality was really poor, but it might have been that specific implementation and maybe there are good trick-the-magnets converters out there?

5 Likes

:man_facepalming: sounds like you need a new head unit. I’ve got one car i’m too lazy/cheap to add a new one in and use a scosche BT to radio adapter, but i know that won’t work for everyone depending on radio congestion. took me so many tries to find one of those adapters that didn’t sound like ass

2 Likes

Civic Gang

8 Likes

Isnt that an S2000?

2 Likes

I think that’s the joke, brother

4 Likes

I had some time this morning to enjoy some music at the desk with a nice cup of coffee in hand. I’m trying to get my impressions of the Pilgrims in line before I have to send them back but in doing that, I decided to just go through all my sources and yes, it’s confirmed, the Muse M4 is now my new favorite source I have, period. It has the best bass out of all of my sources whether it’s portable or desktop… this thing is seriously impressive and the Pilgrims sound the best on the Muse to my ears. They are a bit source sensitive I’m seeing as they have a different flavor with each amp I try them with.

A close 2nd is the Fosi DS2 surprisingly, it adds a bit of much needed separation between the bass and mids that the Pilgrim sorely needs to sound contrast-y.

More impressions to follow, gentlemen!

11 Likes

Good evening, Gentlemen, I hope everyone is doing well! I just wanted to drop in here and share some of my initial impressions on the newly released Elysian Pilgrim. By this point, everyone and their mother has already released a full review on them, but I got them in a few days ago, so I’m still getting nice and cozy with them, so to speak.

Right off the bat, I can say that the unboxing experience, build, and included accessories are top-notch, really nicely done by Elysian here. The build quality is also fantastic, really solid all aluminum build with a very premium looking and feeling faceplate but, unfortunately, is finished in a very chrome-like finish which Is super prone to scratching as you can see in my picture above. It looks great, though, and very distinctive which I think is one of the hardest parts about designing an IEM. Elysian knocked the overall design and build out of the park! They’re also very comfortable in my ears. The nozzle is a bit on the shorter side but the shell isn’t overly bulbose so finding the right tips in terms of fit and sound was very easy!

Now, onto the sound - I can summarize the sound of the Pilgrim pretty simply, actually. Very solid, but a bit safe for me.

The bass is fantastic with lots and lots of texture and depth, which I guess can be considered a standout, but I’d like a bit more sub-bass here. There’s a very very small, but clear roll-off when you’re talking about the deepest part of the sub-bass. The mid-bass, however, is almost perfectly tuned for me. the mids and the treble is where the Pilgrim loses me a bit, it’s nothing special, unfortunately. I think they played it a bit too safe when it comes to the treble especially. It’s extended well, I won’t sit here and say that it’s not, but I would of liked a little more spice, a little more… zing up top to really make the sound come alive.

Regardless, I think this pair of IEMs is fantastic, and quite frankly, I think the entire package is actually well worth the $400 price tag.

More photos and a longer impression to come!

Thanks for reading, gents.

16 Likes

Agreed for the $ well worth the money I spent and more!

2 Likes

100%, great IEM for the cash. Might be my top choice for $400 and under that I’ve heard up to this point. The more and more I listen to them, the more impressed I am with the bass. It’s definitely a stand out!

3 Likes

I find the Pilgrim sounds different from all my other IEM,s in a very clean enjaging way definitely a keeper.

Sounds killer off a slightly thicker source like the M5 Ultra

2 Likes

Agreed - I’m going to dive deep tonight cause the wife is out with her friends lol I’m plugging in on the desktop and not unplugging until she gets home. Might even get my review finished by then. I’ve been taking them everywhere with me for the last few days and this morning I think they just clicked for me.

3 Likes

My wife and daughter are out of town as well….
Getting a lot of music and gaming on🤙

7 Likes

I got my gaming fix last night, that means tonight is strictly for jamming out :ok_hand:

Enjoy the alone time, brother, it’s rare so relish it.

8 Likes