DON'T buy at HiFiGo - they will cheat you

I ordered the Moondrop Blessing 2 at HiFiGo at was just browsering their page afterwards and found the Moondrop S8 at a 40% (ish) discount. So I put that in the cart and sent them an e-mail re cancelling the first order.

I put the S8 in the cart, made an account and when I wanted to pay, the price had jumped from around $300 to $594 :imp:
And at the same time I got an e-mail from them saying:

*Thank you for reaching out. *
we are just changing the price, and S8 is 594, we corrected it just now .

Mistake or not by them, they didn’t want to sell me the S8 at the listed price. If the low price was a mistake I don’t know, but if you list it and customers can put it in their cart at that price, well I am sorry then you can’t just change it back.

So they apparently cheat their customers… I don’t have any other word for that and I for sure can’t recomend anyone buying from them.

But I got a discount code for my next purchase at $5…

typo’s happen. if a business sells product below their cost, they go out of business. I know it stings, but you have to see the bigger picture. being I work for a tech reseller, I’ve been on the seller side of this a few times. it sucks and we didn’t go out of our way to create a problem and tick our customer base off.

rule of thumb. if it’s too good to be true, it usually is.

edit t - also,t his should be moved into the rant thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a rant thread? that is better than this then. Thx.

I understand what you are saying, but as it was in the cart, they changed the price… I have seen 40% discount on other products, (also theirs today) so I just thought it was a good deal. They had the “Sales” mark on several of their products, so it was not something completely odd.

Own your mistakes. Can they be costly? Yes, but to change the price asap so they can avoid me buying it is a bit too aggressive for me. And it find it a mockery to send me a $5 discount code.

most of the audio world is MAP (minimum advertised price) and while they can sell for lower than that, if the buyer negotiates a lower price, any ad, paper or online, can’t go below that price. they sign a contract to enforce this obligation. so if a 40% discount is offered, that’s because they get a 40% discount from the company first.

and margins usually suck unless it’s top end / custom gear.

1 Like

I actually don’t think this should be called cheating. If you would have paid the S8 price and they sent you a Blessing 2, that would be cheating.