Drop + dan clark audio aeon closed x

I’ve used them with BTR5(balanced). They do sound good.
I suppose the problem is I compared it directly with higher powered amps, and what was lacking was clear. I suppose if you don’t do a direct comparison it would still be great on the BTR5. Like many things in this hobby, direct comparison can provide baseline, but can also get in the way of just enjoying what one has.

3 Likes

How would I get a balanced cable for these (2.5mm for the btr5 not 4.4mm like I think exists)? I can’t find a cable with the needed connectors.

And, currently I’m debating if I should just buy the senn hd560s. As I’m a student living with my parents, and even if I don’t need to pay rent and the such, I’m curious if the aeon closed x are really exceptionally better than the hd560s and are worth the investment. Would welcome anyone’s advice on this.

The hd560s are 200 usd, and the aeon closed x without the balanced cable are 600 usd because of import tax to my country.

Any comparison at all on value between these and cheaper headphones will be great.

A 2.5 balanced cable for the Dan Clark’s? As Jeff Spicoli said in “Fast Times at Ridgemont High,” “Right here, dude.”

Jeremy makes terrific cables at a fair price. Trust him.

1 Like