Drop-sold LETSHUOER S12 Pro

Hi all,

Currently we are trying to work out with DROP on this, but until an agreement is struck between DROP and LETSHUOER, we will not be servicing them. I know this is not going to sit right with everyone, but I am open to answering any questions of why we made this decision. Thanks.

Regards,
Joseph @ LETSHUOER

5 Likes

Joseph thank you for the heads up and I just would like to clarify that it means Drop is not an authorized dealer for your products?
If that’s the case it’s one more reason I will not be shopping at Drop any longer.

That is true, until we can strike an agreement with them.

1 Like

Drop sketchy at best would never buy from them :grimacing:

6 Likes

Massdrop used to be great, but then kinda went downhill over time, at this point there’s not much reason to buy anything outside of their exclusives/colabs, in which there’s only like a few decent ones, and there’s nothing all that new or interesting. The only one that makes sense anymore are the Sennheiser collabs to get a cheap 650 or the 58x, the PC headsets are also good. That and the Elex but with that you are playing a bit of the QC lottery, nothing really else worth considering on there anymore though

(no point to buy hifiman there anymore when the 400se and edition xs exist, no point to buy DCA there anymore when the aeon rt exists, no point to get the koss unless you need the different color scheme or mic, no point to get the meze since they aren’t even good value compared to the real one anymore, don’t sell the fostex anymore, don’t need the thx amps, no more eddie current, no airist, etc etc etc, literally nothing there anymore in collabs and their group buys are only a few dollars less than amazon most of the time now)

7 Likes

Yep 100% the rest is :wastebasket:

2 Likes

The worst is that there are eBay accounts that get returns from Drop and resell them without any awareness/checks for why they were returned to Drop.

Blinq is such a reseller.

• Twice I bought mechanical keyboard parts from them, and twice they had widely known about machining issues which is why they were returned to Drop in the first place.
  • I bought a heater from them that was meant to go in our nursery. Inside the box was a handwritten note from whoever last purchased it, describing a fault with it.

They give returns a once-over if best, then sell them to the next person.

Sorry that ended up derailing, but I have never bought from Drop having seen the massive issues there are with after-sales support and returns. No accountability, after all that waiting. I guess it indirectly reflects on Drop that they pass returns on to liquidators with no notes about the issues.

So I guess beware of Drop, and beware of open-box drop on eBay without communicating with the seller first.

4 Likes

It’s a shame since when they actually cared about giving a good experience, giving good prices, and having interesting colabs they were really cool. Pretty sure the only reason they’re still around now is just their sennheiser sales keeping them afloat lol

JVC FDX1 crying in the corner. :joy:

4 Likes

Oh shit, forgot about that, yes that one is great lol, really like that one myself. I just didn’t think it was still being sold, like it’s ran though so not aval anymore. Now thinking about it, the dt177x was also decent

Edit: no longer sold, damn

2 Likes

:+1: stick an xx on a Senn and :dash:

1 Like

I sometimes still see it being sold from time to time on drop.

2 Likes

Just want to say that out of the 4 times I’ve dealt with drop on 4 separate products, it was a nightmare. Only good thing that came from it all is I got 2 really nice bags with a cross on it from replacements and it fits basically any headphone. One keeps my honeycomb grilled HE6se v2 safe when I’m not using it lol. Just a nightmare of a company to work with.

2 Likes

I would argue 99 Noir, but maybe that’s just me

I just thought you could pick up classics for similar money to the noir now, but could be wrong

Not so far as I’m seeing. Classics are still ~$300-310. Noir and Neo(the black plastic ones) are $200

1 Like

Oh wow, I never thought that something like this would happen, that a manufacturer would refuse.
I was a bit annoyed anyway when I saw the S12 for $119 and a week before I bought the Z12 from Hifigo for full price.
Now my annoyance has subsided a bit.
As always, there are two sides to this story, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Letshuoer refused to sell it via Drop.

Speaking of S12 and co, I ordered my Z12 through Hifigo the Sunday before last and received it this Wednesday.
Without any complications with customs.
The shipping time is completely more acceptable than with Drop in some places.

I agree with the other participants that Drop is not what it used to be.
The Fostex Tr X00 was my first headphone, followed by the small Emu Purpelheart.

1 Like

Yah its honestly sad. The 6xx was my first real headphone, and i still use it daily.
I dont know what happened to them, but it was around the time they changed from Massdrop to Drop. They just cant compete anymore, like look at their keyboards. They are way overpriced and behind the curve. They just realeases a gasket mounted keyboard for the first time, now… Gasket mount was all the rage 2 years ago.

I have had quite a few offerings from Massdrop and then Drop and never had a problem. I’ve owned or currently own the Drop+DCA Aeon X (closed and open), E-Mu Teaks/Walnut/Purpleheart, Senn 58X, Ety ER2XR/SE, ER3XR/SE, ER4XR, AKG M220/K7XX, Focal Elex, Drop+MrSpeakers Ether CX Closed, Hifiman HE5XX, Lime Ears Aether R, JVC FW1800, and I’m sure there are more that I’m forgetting from longer ago as well as several amps and DACs. When I first started buying from Massdrop they had some legit deals on headphones and IEMs and they still have a few decent products there, but the way they’re conducting business and their ever worsening customer service is really making it sketchy at this point.

I have never had to do a return or anything with Drop, but these days I only buy products from them that are collabs that aren’t being sold anywhere else that I want to try. For non-collabs they are offering I will look elsewhere even if I have to pay a bit more to have a decent return policy. Lately this hasn’t been much of a problem because their prices/deals haven’t been all that great anyways.

Sad to see it decline, but it was cool while it lasted. Honestly, I feel like there’s a business opportunity available for some enterprising company that wants to take up the audiophile group buying/collective pricing mantle to take over from drop by simply introducing good service back into the equation. I, for one, would be happy to see anothet group buying platform open up with good service and good deals on headphones, IEMs, DACs/Amps, etc.

I don’t understand why Drop would start selling products they’re not authorized to sell when their whole justification for their terrible customer service and returns policies are that the manufacturers of their products already offer RMA services. Not in this case…

2 Likes