🔷 Drop THX Panda

He’s gonna re-do the video with a more structured and in depth approach to Non Disclosure Agreements and the way companies influence reviewers :+1:

Ah makes sense

I think a more measured approach would go a long way, IMO. :+1:

Yeah… It may just be his personality that keeps me from wanting to watch his reviews.

2 Likes

He’s entertaining at times and when he gets objective or hypes something
. Because he gets so much shit in I use him as more of a barometer as what should be on my radar and to watch out for and if something peaks my interest I check other iem reviewer

2 Likes

Yeah, I tried watching him a bit, but his personality is just a bit negative sometimes? So I just end up avoiding him altogether

However these super hyped hp’s sound I would still struggle to wear a pair knowing they were called Panda…Be like yo dude those cans look sick what they called?..Me quietly :panda_face:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Well stuff the rest of you then it seems…

Linus be on Drop like…

6 Likes

Timestamped 19:58

GN and LTT take pride in not depending on manufacturers sending review samples. Every fanboy shouting shill at them is testimony to them getting it right.

Bashing LMG for “paid shill” is such a cheap shot, it misses the target.

5 Likes

I’ve watched Linus for about 10 years… (which is crazy to think about). He’s been consistent since the beginning. But I’ve always considered him more of a “product showcaser” than reviewer. He’s not going super in depth into reviewing headphones… he just says he likes them. And he compared them to Bose, which is reasonable to believe they sound better than.

6 Likes

Just like every influencer and reviewer they have specialties Linus is great at taking apart a product and looking at them from a user experience standpoint. When. It comes to build quality, ergonomics and finding the odd quality of life issue that isn’t a big deal on the first place but magnifying it so it can be improved in a products next iterations. He specializes is PC components and water cooling gear. Audio isn’t his strong suit because that’s just generally not his main job description

yeah… both audio and TVs are not the best from their channels, tbh. Lol
And the Panda “review” seemed more of a one-off impression, quick session. Not really an in depth review like with what I’ve seen them do with phones, for example.

They gave all reviewers a tracking link. I don’t believe indiegogo has any way to determine if you “bought” or supported the campaign after getting there.

Normal massdrop affiliates can obv track and see if you joined but this is different.

7 Likes

Was everyone given a date when they are legally allowed to publish their review?

There was am NDA date but it was the announcement date. The date of the Indiegogo starting just made the most sense to publish the review to get traffic to the video. The same will be done on the 15th with the new ifi Hip Dac. That is when ifi asked me to release it and I usually can get things like that done.

5 Likes

ah ok. I and many found it strange to see this many reviews come out at once felt like the NDA was lifted then. looking forward to see what you think of the hip DAC. and would love to see it compared to a q1 mk 2 or a btr5

and their Nano :+1:

Thank you very much for your input! Always appreciated.