Dt880 600ohm vs hd58x

I’m going to be using the headphones for competitive gaming and listening to music. If the headphones are open back will that allow a lot of background noise in? Or just a little?

depends on the headphone. All open backed designs will allow sound from the outside in, and whatever you’re playing to leak out into the world. All open-backed headphones however differ with how much sound they can let in/out.

Both of those are pretty damn open especially the 58x so a lot of background noise will be let in

1 Like

Typically a semi open will leak less sound, but might be pretty close to an open for the sound they let in

I recommend to try both :slight_smile:. Which amp do you have?. I had the hd58x i really like them for music and for single player gaming. The bass on the hd58x its boosted some times i find hard to spot some cues or small sound. They have good imaging. For music they have this bass and beautiful mids that make music shine. they mids are forward and after 30min i find them fatiguening. I ended up selling them.

I have the dt880 600 ohm right now. Its my favorite headphone of all the other i have used. THe dt880 dont sound as warm and musical as the hd58x but they have this natural sound signature thats feels real. The 600 ohm isn’t as bright as the other, i find them mellow sounding but not close to the warm of the hd58x. The sound presentation on dt880 feels real. The bass is not booming but is tight. I really love my dt880 i would never sell them.

i recommend you to try them and decide. The first time you use the dt880 you would find them flat and boring. But the more time you use them you get to like the sound presentation they offer. So a test on a shop for just 30 min wont make them justice. use them for at least a week and then decide. I dont plau compatitive gaming but they imaging is good as well.

Also dt880 600 needs an amp to make them really shine. i have the Liquid spark that is on the warm/neutral with a little less treble ( compared to the flat and neutral jds lab atom, the difference is minimal i think most people wont hear them if they dont do some serious test.)