DT990 PS4 requirements

Hi guys, I got a quick question for y’all: can my Creative G6 power a DT990 (250) ohm on PS4? And what mic would you guys recommend to got with the DT990’s?

For the 250 ohm it should work fine, not the highest sound quality solution but it should be more than enough to at least get the volume going, so I don’t see an issue

For the mic, a mic, you can get a modmic or something similar and be solid, or you could grab a lav/lapel mic and clip it wherever

2 Likes

To expand on the lav mic thing unlike what gaming headsets may show you don’t need a mic to be right in front of your face. So you can clip it on your shirt or the headphone cable even and will pick up your voice fine

2 Likes

Would recommend the 80 ohm version instead?

I think the 250 ohm is where you want to be, the g6 just isn’t the best sounding dac/amp I’ve heard for the price, but it will be able to do what you want it to. When dealing with consoles, the g6 is going to be one of the better options with the least amount of hassle, so you don’t have many options. But do get the 250 ohm you should be just fine

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

You can try some USB mic
I’m not sure if all of them will work but you can find on YouTube some examples

1 Like