Dudes making their own headphones

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re developed in Germany, but they source all their bits out of China now and assemble in Germany. brands like Miele do this as do a few high end optic’s companies as well, like Zeiss.

do we got millionaires out there will to buy this and give it a try? lol. im really curius

Pretty sure they make their own drivers in house for the higher end line, along with other things, I know focal does this but I don’t know if senn does for sure

i guess the next great headphones comes down to what the big audio companies like Sennhieser can develop and what tech the small home grown company like ZMF can source.

I would think the Big Companies would be better. but they can be so focused on the bottom line that they end making a lot of mediocre headphones and they stop innovating. they make stupid mistakes. Whereas the home grown company are usually more inspired and work harder to put out great product.

I honesty dont know who to bet on lol.

Most ultra high brands are very small companies, so that is also something to think about

let’s buy all donate the funds to buy an 820, send it to China to reverse engineer and then have them manufacture something similar for a nth the price and profit! :smiley:

great idea rofl

20 character limit

1 Like

Wow no respect for the actual designers lol

1 Like

i love the designers. but where talking about cash from my own cash stash :expressionless:

lol

In our defense, we did receive lovely rings.

1 Like

I didn’t. All I got was my money back!

1 Like

If my hands were more beefy, like Zeos, I could use my dark voice ring to pick up women at dinner parties like George Costanza.

2 Likes

For a second there I thought you were a woman, then I realized you have slightly feminine hands.
SMSL SP200, right ?

lmao, yes… sp200…

all nerds have feminine hands. we dont do manual labour, we wash our hands too much, we dont bother to trim our nails and we got a bunch of rings from all the scams pulled on us

2 Likes

Wow speak for yourself, I have to keep my nails short otherwise it shows down my typing

1 Like

I was looking to get some balanced armatures to play around with, to make some IEMs and play around with enclosures. Let me tell you, the Knowles stuff is not cheap at all.

At least not cheap enough be worth me destroying them with glue or bad soldering.

Have you looked for cheap ba’s that are just clones of knowles? Chinese ba’s may be a better option for something like this

I’ve browsed a bit but nothing stood out as cheap enough, I might resort to buying used broken headphones from local sellers.

1 Like