Dunu SA6 vs Thieaudio Oracle (help me decide)

I’m trying to decide between these two and would love to hear some opinions from those who have experienced either one. Basically they are both the same price, and tonality wise I know they are so close that I would enjoy whichever I go with.
For now, I think both of them would be endgame IEMs for me, but the only thing holding me back with the Oracle is that we don’t have a lot of reviews for it (and the ones that we do have are EXTREMELY positive, which usually means hype train or a TOTL set for its price).
Also, Dunu’s package seem to be very nice (cable, case, tips, etc) and the filled resin all BA shells might give me a very good isolation that I know I would appreciate.
Oracle on the other hand may just be one step above in technicalities, and since I haven’t yet heard EST drivers in IEMs I’m having big FOMO vibes.
So yeah, I don’t know what to do and maybe I’m just venting here hahaha but also maybe I can get some good advice… cheers.

#1 This should come down to shell size preference. Can you fit the Oracle? If you can, it’s probably the more complete package.

The SA6 being an all BA IEM won’t have the slam a hybrid IEM has. The SA6 also does not have the EST drivers the Oracle does making it’s upper frequencies sweeter. The SA6 walks a fine line of giving you all the detail you can handle without harshness. The SA6 is extremely clear and detailed but not very dynamic.

If you enjoy heavy hitting music with an emphasis on bass & slam, I would not suggest the SA6. But for everything else, the SA6 is a great choice.

I consider the SA6 to be a 300 dollar IEM with a 200 dollar cable. The Thieaudio Tribrids are all IEM beasts if you can manage their fit.

4 Likes

thank you for the help! I’m leaning towards de Oracle and I think you might have just given me the input I needed. I do listen to a wide variety of music, and yes some of them do include lots of slam on the bass. It’s actually a similar library to bggar’s: lots of rock, rap/hip hop, etc… If you could please post a picture of both of them side by side for me to have a notion of the difference in size, it would be awesome. But as I haven’t had problems with fit with any IEM yet, I don’t think it should be a problem

nice! Thanks again! Actually a bigger difference than I thought. Will sleep on this one, but still leaning towards Oracle for now.

It’s no joke. I am a 6’ tall man and it slowly slips out of my left ear all the time.

hm, that’s bad. I assume you’ve tried every tip too, right ?

I’ve been known to tip roll every now and then.

The tip is not the issue. The IEM body is a deep insertion and it’s just slightly a little too large for my ear and it just eases its way out of my ear. I know a few people that won’t even attempt it because of its shell size. RIght @Rikudou_Goku ?

7 Likes

got it. For now I think I’ll be at the “there’s only one way to find out” camp. Probably ordering one by the end of this week but I’ll keep the thread updated with the experience. I was thinking of waiting for some custom faceplate options to show up for it but I don’t think I’ll be doing that, just want to get me some higher end IEMs

1 Like

FYI… The Oracle is in what Theiaudio is calling pre-order. The wait time (or time to build) for the Thieaudio Monarch and Clairvoyance was about a month. The Oracle and Excalibur are also currently in the same situation. Thieaudio have been sending out weekly e-mails to customers who have ordered The Oracle or Excalibur trying to keep them up-to-date as to when their items will ship. Add-in shipping times from China and you could have a hefty wait on your hands.

There are some not-so-happy customers.

"Dear supporters,

Thank you for purchasing the Oracle UIEM.

We have been receiving queries about the Oracle orders and would like to inform everyone that we have been shipping out the orders sequentially.

As of today, we will be completing the orders for those who have ordered on 10th May (GMT+8).

For the rest of the orders, the processing time may still take up to 7 working days (excluding weekends and holidays).

We sincerely apologise in advance for any delay. We will continue to ship out the orders sequentially once everything has been checked through.

Thank you very much for your understanding and patience.

Have a lovely week ahead.

With Regards,
Linsoul Team"

"Dear supporters,

We sincerely thank you for purchasing the THIEAUDIO Excalibur from us.

We just returned from our holiday break, and would like to provide an update about the orders placed.

For orders after 7th May (GMT+8), the processing time is 7-10 working days (excluding holidays and weekends).

Once your order has been shipped out, you will receive the tracking link via your e-mail address/phone number provided during purchase.

We understand your excitement in receiving the item and we sincerely seek your understanding and patience in this.

Thank you very much for your support.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team"

"Dear supporters,

We sincerely thank you for purchasing the THIEAUDIO Oracle from us.

We just returned from our holiday break, and have resumed with shipments.

As we have been receiving queries regarding the Oracle orders, this e-mail is to give everyone an update.

For orders placed before 12th May 10AM (PST), the processing time is still 3-7 working days (excluding holidays and weekends).

As for orders placed after that, the processing time has been updated to 7-10 working days (excluding holidays and weekends).

Once your order has been shipped out, you will receive the tracking link via your e-mail address/phone number provided during purchase.

We understand your excitement in receiving the item and we sincerely seek your understanding and patience in this.

Thank you very much for your support.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team"

wow. Thanks for the information. Waiting for purchased items to arrive is something I’m used to as I live in Brazil, but it does seem like the hype has got to them in terms of demand. Might just ask about those custom faceplates then

Latest info. Sounds like Thieaudio have seriously screwed some stuff up…

"Dear customers,

Thank you for purchasing the Oracle UIEM from us. This is another e-mail to give you an update about you order.

First, we would like to sincerely apologise for the delay in shipments of the orders.

We mentioned previously that the orders placed before 10th May (please note that it is GMT+8 ) would be shipped out on Monday. However, due to some internal hiccups and miscommunication, there was another delay, and we are trying to ship them out by this week instead.

Consequently, orders placed after 10th (GMT+8) will also be delayed. We aim to ship out those placed on 11th-13th (GMT+8) by next week.

As for the remaining orders, the processing time has been updated as well. It may take up to 3 weeks for us to process your orders.

While we understand your concern and eagerness to receive the product as soon as possible, we cannot hasten the process.

We would also like to emphasise that we have no intention of casually delaying the shipments or hoarding your money.

We have been and will continue trying our best to meet the demand.

Should there be an issue with the waiting time, please inform us your order number, and we will process the cancellation and refund immediately.

Thank you very much for your support. We sincerely seek your understanding in this.

With Kind Regards,
Linsoul Team"

5 Likes

my goodness. That is bad! Honestly it does not seem like they have any of it figured out at this time.

2 Likes

I had dunu SA6 for a while and I have an Oracle on the way. I’d be happy to try and compare if Linsoul ever sends them. I ordered mine on May 7 and they still haven’t shipped. It’s my first time ordering from Linsoul, anyone else ever had problems like this with them? It’s feels pretty sketchy and is worrying me, I might cancel.

1 Like

You’re not alone. Like I said, a lot of customers canceling their orders.

Wow, you ordered on the 7th?!! And they still haven’t shipped yet? That’s awful. According to their latest email anything before the 10th should’ve shipped last week. Are you still in that situation with nothing shipped? I’d chase it up on Discord.
Huge swings in time estimates is how they end up with cancellations… and don’t expect a small discount either, just an email saying don’t complain.

It shipped yesterday finally, I guess the demand is too much for them to keep up with. Hoping it’s a sign that they’re being extra careful with quality control instead of rushing.

It is.
They will have a graph of your exact set and pics on file based on your order # if any issue were to arise.
They have been succesful with the tribrids because of this level of Q.C.

Cancellations are fine. Someone will take that spot. Crap gear is not

DUNU SA6 came to me with a frayed disconnected right side cable. I contacted them directly and on Linsouls Discord while they were chatting live.

I got ignored.

You chose well with Oracle and you got backup if stuff is not 100% copacetic

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I got it today, only 3 days from China to California. I’m glad I waited. I’m really impressed so far.

P.S. really like your reviews. Much easier to understand the way you tie everything to specific tracks than it is to try to follow some vague, jargon-filled ramble about upward compression of microdynamics or whatever bullshit lol. And it’s very useful to know your music tastes and how that translates to your taste in iems.

3 Likes

I would be interested to hear how they compare. Also what type of music do you listen to mostly?

I have an SA6 on the way and listen to mostly rock/metal but the Oracle has certainly piqued my interest, though I found out about it after I had already made the purchase.

Anything with a DD will be a better choice especially for rock/metal vs an all BA set. The SA6 is probably my last choice if grabbing something to listen to anything heavy hitting. It has no slam but has great detail and a relaxed tuning.

1 Like