Dunu SA6 vs Thieaudio Oracle (help me decide)

Thanks for the detailed answer, I appreciate it. I’ve actually received the SA6 today and my first impressions are really positive. I’ll need a few more days of listening to fully explore their sound but these are definitely keepers.

yes i agree with your thoughts. sa6 is like a slightly less audiophile version of oracle. less treble air and less bass and mid texture but they probably measure the same, these are not things that you see on a freq response chart. i prefer a little more meat on the bones so i went with oracle but sa6 is probably the best under 400 or whatever its price is. also try a 2db bass shelf from 70 hz and you have a clairvoyance basically !

I never argued that BAs have more slam than dynamic drivers, in fact I agreed with you by saying that’s fair point. All I said is that you can still love a BA only iem for metal as evident from the two example people I mentioned. That’s what I argued is subjective. The quick decay can in fact be a good thing for e.g. technical death metal where double bass drums reign supreme. You and crinacle seem to be on the same page regarding your appreciation of dynamic driver bass and that’s fine, but that doesn’t mean that everyone is as absolute on this topic.

Its easy for BAs to be very fast (too fast in most cases) but whats the point of having speed if it just doesnt sound natural due to unnatural timbre, lacking texture and no sense of air being moved.

So I do think you two are maybe being a little harsh here? However, I’ll admit that I did end up selling my SA6 (replenishing funds from buying a new amp) and keeping the EST 112, so there is that.