E1DA PowerDAC V2

Every DAC/Amp should have these features.

These little DAC/Amp has a full featured app that lets you control many features (check out Z’s review) with presets for many popular headphones. It has a 7 band parametric equalizer that lets you control it graphically (why dont more DAC/Amps have this?).

Lets encourage this guy.

1 Like

the HiFi Toy appears to be a speaker DAC/Amp.

It’s for balanced headphones only…don’t use with non balanced cables

Had mine a couple of months. Great little bit of kit … just watch the volume as it can dump a heap of power into your cans on full noise.

not sure about that. if you check his faq it talks about adapters you can use, i didnt go into it much:

https://e1dashz.wixsite.com/index/faq

Blow it up then…don’t heed the warning that Ivan gives about using any non balanced adapters for 3.5/6.5mm headphones. It’s very clear about no non balanced cables in the chain

Is such a amazing little cheap device that able do beautiful thing to my verum one and takstar pro 82 with some of my iem.
On top of that you can install HPTOY app to tweak around peq etc…
Great credit to creator E1DA

When I bought mine from Ivan (I was one of the very first to place and receive my order) I got the OTG cable he suggested for an extra 5$. I ordered the one for android (see pic below), then my LG broke replaced it with an iPhone so now I’d need a OTG cable for iOS. Anyone can point me to the same cable but for iOS, I’d really appreciate it?

Meenova makes a lightning OTG to USB-C and a micro-usb version as well. Here’s a link for reference.

Hi Joeinabox, I recently got the e1da PowerDAC v2, and I use it with my iPhone using the Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter

Here’s how I connect the items: PowerDAC > USB-B to USB-A cable > Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter > iPhone. In order for the PowerDAC to work, the Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter also needs to be plugged into a power source with sufficient power; for some reason, the stock Apple charger (5V/1A) doesn’t supply enough power to the PowerDAC, but my USB power bank does, and so does another USB AC charger that I have.

1 Like

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a 4.4mm to 2.5mm Adapter?

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I have one that I use frequently with my Hiby R5 with IEM cables terminated in a balanced 2.5mm so that I can use the 4.4mm balanced out. It’s made by Hiby, and I think it was like $15. Plenty of other options as well going from 4.4mm male to 2.5mm female, like this one.

Less common would be 2.5mm male to 4.4mm female, but here’s one option.

What to choose PowerDAC V2 or 9038SG3?

The easy and obvious answer is both since you make no mention of what you plan to use with either and therefore no way to advise you on either or anything else.
Now’s a good to pick up both time since Linsoul is having a sale.

That is so true, well would be as company to my work laptop(and home desktop) and both IEM’s(i.e GoldPlanar Gl20, Shouer Tape Pro) and maybe some headphone(Hifiman Sundara, HD6xx) in the future.
Would say that DSD support is not a priority and that’s why I asked - I cannot figure out if the PDv2 would be all enough.
Why would you chose either of them?

Better advice than the smaller, cooler 9038SG3 for IEMs (due to the lower noise floor and power) and PowerDAC V2 for the big planar and dynamic drivers (where it can heat your desk) can be obtained from E1DA and friends on his Discord.
My hot PowerDAC V2 is currently mounted to the stand on which I keep my Thieaudio Phantom.
Imgur

1 Like