Earbuds Discussion Thread

That’s good to hear - I’m going to give ‘em a shot. Along with the FAAEAL snow lotus - I honestly have no idea how they sound but they’re $10, can’t hurt to try!

I would not recommend that one. All the irises sounds better to me.

Well, dodged a bullet there, I got lost in looking at storage containers so I didn’t place the order :sweat_smile:

Have any more Amazon bud suggestions, lord Riku?

2 Likes

None, sorry.

(better save up for gen 3 :wink:)

3 Likes

Grand Alter Saber 2 (blue/green) and Grand Berserker 2 (purple/rose pink)

12 Likes

Those GAS looking :pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers::pinched_fingers:

2 Likes

ctmarvelous, I have all 3 - FF3, FF5, and X6 - and I think it’s absolutely worth the extra money for the Fiio models. Especially the FF3! I tried all of the usual suspects under $20, including the Yincrow, and discovered I enjoyed earbuds more than IEMs, so I decided to give the FF3 a shot after seeing so many positive reviews on Head-Fi. It has turned me into a Bud Head (is that the correct term?) and I have now bought several other sets on the expensive side. So maybe DON’T try the FF3, if you need money. :slight_smile: Although, I could be quite satisfied with just that one pair. It fits the best of all the 20 or so pair I’ve tried, and it has my favorite bass quantity. The X6 are no slouch in that department, but the FF3 are definitely better in my opinion.

2 Likes

:100: Agreed.

I also have all 3 sets and out of them - the FF3 is probably closer to an upgrade from the X6 - the FF5 is a brighter and much more balanced jack of all trades tuning. Great bud but really serves a different purpose.

IMHO Rikubuds provide a better like for like direct upgrade to the X6 (They are also a little cheaper than the FF3).

The FF3 though does deserve the praise it gets especially at its price point - it really is quite a unique and engaging bud.

3 Likes

Rikubuds Berserker 1 or 2 is what came to my mind for an X6 upgrade, too. I have yet to try any of Fiio’s buds though, full disclosure.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I freakin’ love how many people have gotten turned on to better buds by the FF3s. You know how much I love them from my posts on Head-Fi, but that aside, they really are awesome and some of the best buds you can get for the scratch. If it was up to me, everyone would have a pair of FF3s in their collection. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Just wore them while doing some errands and had a great time - if you like the sound of listening from a cassette player, do yourself a favor and try the KBEar Stellar. I can’t wait to try them through higher power (based on driver size at any rate) but they’re just a great listen. Wings of Time by Tame Impala and All Comes Crashing by Metric were notable victories, not a huge M83 fan but Laura by them was made for it with some of the sounds used in it. Also great: Blacktop by YYYs, PARAD(w/m)E by Sylvan Esso and Kandy by Fever Ray. I feel like Amazon was recommending tracks based on what I was wearing.

3 Likes

Just got the FAAEAL Iris 2.0 in. My first impressions are that for $8 USD, these completely solidify my opinion that buds are by far the best bang-for-buck in audio. Bar none. Just using the stock foams, these are worlds better than the 1.0 for sure, much more of a balanced signature, with a slight lean on the upper mids and lower treble to my ears. I would definitely prefer more mid-bass but honestly, jeez. These are impossible to fault for such a small amount of money.

I’m so happy I decided to try buds out.

9 Likes

These are what I got for my wife for whenever she needs earbuds!

4 Likes

Been told you so

1 Like

Foo, I meant to order the 2.0 like a year ago :sweat_smile: but you’re totally right. These are actually legit.

2 Likes

Any thoughts about nicehck eb2s guys? From where i live, i can get it at 18$. Is it better than cheaper things like x6, qian39,tc200?

I have a pair and I enjoy them quite a bit. The comfort is top notch. I can’t comment however, on the comparisons unfortunately but in a vacuum, I think they’re really good set for the price. I have to get my hands on a pair of X6s soon, i’ve heard so many great things about that set for 13 USD.

So I bought some wings for my earbuds a little over a month ago and they came in today. I gotta say they are a game changer! I highly recommend them if you want to listen to buds while on the move or just have trouble with fit

1 Like

EB2S was pretty meh to me.

X6 and Qian39 I preferred.

2 Likes