đź”· Earmen Sparrow

This is the official thread for the Earmen Sparrow

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type c in, 3.5mm and 2.5mm headphone out
  • ES9281 Pro, MQA support

:red_circle: Earmen Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews…

I’ve read a couple anecdotes from users at head-fi about possible issues with the balanced output jack on this device. Some cutting-in-&-out of sound likely due to improper seating of the plug, possibly due to design/build of the output jack. Other than a couple cases of this, pretty much glowing reports from what I gather.

is it warm or neutral / cool?

I own the Sparrow, have been using it for over 3 months. I didn’t get a single issue of the stated ones from Head-Fi. No noise, no cutting in/out, no channel imbalance - nothing.

The balanced output is fine as long as the balanced cable plug isn’t completely flush against the housing - in most of the plugs, the plug will not actually be flush against the housing.

I actually couldn’t find a balanced cable that didn’t have this small part sticking out, it took me more time to find one without it (which I only found on the og head-fi thread) then it took me to find a normal 2.5 mm cable…

Here is what 2.5 mm cable will work (red=part that is sticking out):

Here’s what will not work (literally 100% flush against the housing):

If you google 2.5 mm balanced cables, all of them have the small part that’s sticking out.

I found it the same as other EarMen devices - very transparent with a slight emphasis on the upper end. I personally dislike warm sources, I love EarMen stuff for it’s transparency and giving more life in the upper-end. I definitely wouldn’t call it overly analytical

1 Like

Hi friends. Could somebody help me with an advice about how to use my Earmen Sparrow with my PC. Is just too loud to use it. From 1 to 2 in volume is kinda ok but I can’t make any small adjustment and from 3 up is just too loud to listen. I usually use Roon or Jriver as my player.

you could download PEACE APO and drop the gain to compensate and keep windows volume at 100%