Ears getting hot with every headphone; On ear suggestions?

I mean, the SR80e would be good because they tone down the treble that the SR60e have, and are a more warm set with some actual bass.

Oh nice. Maybe Iā€™ll get a pair too :grimacing:. I still havenā€™t tried grado. Are there better pads though? The sr80 kinda sit on ear donā€™t they?

They do, but it is soft padding. Shouldnā€™t be a problem.
However, there are a TON of pads made by non-Grado companies that can replace the original pads. Somebody even made pads that make them fit like regular over-ear too I think. Or you can get softer denser pads for them.

Noice. Iā€™ve seen a lot of cup mods and stuff too. I think Iā€™ll buy a pair soon. Just to say I did! :blush:

1 Like

Personally in terms of comfort I find these to be the most comfortable I use these in bed

these are vidos and sound great for the asking price. There is a fair amount of development now around them and if your pretty stationary and donā€™t move around too much these are a great comfortable option. There are much more expensive better options out there

1 Like

Before trying more headphones, try some oversized pads like these: https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/earpads-deals/products/headphone-memory-foam-earpads-xl-size-perforated-pu-leather

These should fit the DT990.

How about apply some cooling gel on your ears before wearing headphones?

I would just make sure it wonā€™t damage the pad material before doing this

I had the Sennheiser PMX 60 and to me they were comfy.

The SR80e look pretty much the same type of padding so they should do wellā€¦

Anything else a bit more high end? I also really think on ear would be comfy for me honestlyā€¦but alas

I mean, you arenā€™t really going to find any Grados that are worthwhile until you start getting into their expensive stuff, like around 700 dollars, probably more.
Have you looked into the AKG K371? Closed back and over ear, but supposedly donā€™t get as hot as most. Zeos said they were the most comfortable headphones he ever wore, not that heā€™s tried everything, but he does know quite a bit.

the sr60e and 80e are worth looking into if you like that kinda sound.

1 Like

Yeah I suggested the 80e as I think the better bass and low end response would be better for hip hop most likely.