Ecoute Audio... Bluetooth Tube Amp Headphones?

My pleasure.

Wooooot! Itā€™s going live tomorrow!!!
I just got the email.

1 Like

I just visited the web site. Intriguing to be sure.

$799 MSRPā€¦ As much as Iā€™d LOVE to try them, let alone own a pairā€¦ Theyā€™re a bit outside my budget

If you sign you email before the launch on their website you could get them for 50% off. And another $20 off if you buy them before the end of the 7th of June.

Even so, weā€™re talking $380+shipping+sales tax.
Iā€™ve never spent that much on a single piece of audio equipment. Today (the 7th) may be payday, but I know thereā€™s a good chance I wonā€™t have that much after everything is said and done, partially thanks to my account but bring back to to where it was before I moved quite yet.

Oh you are definitely not wrong by any account there. Itā€™s still somewhat expensive at half price with sales tax and shipping I wholeheartedly agree. I was already accepting that myself given that itā€™s a new product on the field and itā€™s a crowd funded program. I was just trying yo inform you of the discount if you wanted to jump on it before the launch. If itā€™s out of the budget, itā€™s out of the budget, half price or not.

1 Like

I honestly forgot about posting about this. I just wanted to bring awareness and gain some clarity on the project. As of this morning, there were a few people who contributed on Kickstarter before me. Thatā€™s what made me remember I even posted on here; Iā€™m guessing most of those backers were from this post. I was excited this project was still kicking. As I wrote that last sentence I just got an email saying they reached their funding goal. I hope posting here two years ago helped make that happen. LOL

Edit: I should probably state that Iā€™ve set the bar pretty high on my expectations. I have confirmed that obtaining licensing from Sony for LDAC support is in the works, and they do plan on providing additional pads to be purchased after release.

1 Like

I had definitely not heard about them at all in the past two years until i saw this post about a month ago or so. So you for sure influenced my backing from your post atleast. I believe I was the 8th backer at 9:20 then about a few hours later I saw it was fully funded.

I was right after you. I was having login problems, and didnā€™t get my payment in until 10:39 this morning. Iā€™m definitely glad I could bring some eyeballs to such a unique pair of headphones. (In such a niche hobby)

1 Like

I for one am glad you brought it here. Would never have known otherwise. This will be my second crowd funded set of cans. The other was the Vokyl Erupts. Those were a slight dumpster fire unfortunately. Lots of undelivered promises. But even if these are half as good as they seem to be, atleast Iā€™ll get a quirky nice looking pair of Bluetooth headphones out of it.

Iā€™m in the same boat, but with the Drop Pandas. Those were a dumpster fire. My first pair completely stopped working and I had to have them send me a new pair. That wasnā€™t uncommon. The amp in them was also not at all what they claimed it was. It almost muffled everything. To me, Neumann NDH 20s are the perfect headphone. (I prefer them over the NDH 30s by far.) But I could definitely use a nice pair of wireless headphones, and these will hopefully be it. The wow factor of having a tube in them is a bonus, but also the core of the build. The devs also seem genuinely passionate about the project, unlike the guys over at Drop.

You know, If I could speak my mind on the topic, I believe Drop used to have a dedicated and passionate community working for them just like Ecoute seems to have now, when it came to the audiophile portion. But when they rebranded and reformatted their whole business design from Massdrop to Drop, I think thatā€™s where it seems to go downhill for me. And I believe most would agree. It seemed like the collaborations and ventures were just more thought out/fleshed out and community based. I was on the fence about the panda. I really wanted to jump on it. But the more I looked at it, the build just didnā€™t seem to pop out to me as worth it to shell out on. And the more the reviews came in the more Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t. For their first(as far as I am aware) completely from the ground up audio product, it was ok I suppose. But the thing just looked poorly constructed and rushed.

What do you like about the 20s over the 30s? I was looking at the 30s a while back because I prefer open back headphones generally speaking. So to have an open version of what I would call a very clinically clean headphone sounded great to me. I just donā€™t think I can get over the comfort of the pads. 30 min tops is what I could get out of the 20s.

Iā€™m an extreme outlier here, but I actually prefer the pads on the 20s over the 30s. They were initially too firm, but after getting used to them theyā€™re perfect for me. Unfortunately theyā€™re just now starting to split on me. The 30s are extremely neutral. Not my preference, but I use them as my reference headphones. I canā€™t handle a ton of bass, but what the 20s have is just right for me. I have a feeling Neumann realized the 20s werenā€™t exactly for their target audience, and made the 30s what the 20s were supposed to be.

Ah ok. Makes sense. Hmm maybe Iā€™ll look into the 30s again later on down the road then. Right now all focus is on these boyz coming late DecemberšŸ˜

When I signed up to back, there were two backers! This is exciting.

I posted to a couple of headphone facebook groups, too. And got a bunch of flack from commenters. Most people were worried about microphonics. One said it was a gimmick. another, who apparently doesnā€™t know how NuTubes work, mentioned how hot they would get. Oh well. Not everything is for everyone, I guess. I canā€™t wait to try them out!

1 Like

I could see how many would view this as a gimmick. And I myself was skeptical as well when I initially stumbled onto this thread for the same reasons as the others you mentioned. So I canā€™t really blame them. But it looks like Ecoute has done their research and homework here. Iā€™d say the majority of my concerns are no longer applicable.

I really hope everything works out ok for all involved :smiley: Iā€™m likeā€¦

Will be great to hear the first feedbacks :+1:

2 Likes