Eddie Current closing shop

Eddie current selling off and shutting down. I think they are selling off everything. Check it out, you serious DIY guys.

https://eddiecurrent.com/diy-store/

Rip, great amps for sure. I wonder if he will come back under a new name (like he did with moth audio lol)

2 Likes

aww I wanted one

Act now then lol

Well then, this bums me out, wanted to buy a Studio in the future (real late future, once I graduated and got a masters/job to afford one), thought that it would be cool to compare what I’m doing now with my amp to a Studio when I get older and look back, maybe improve my amp in the future and build something even more powerful/refined.

I mean I’ve seen a Studio internally, but never heard one before, like idk, it’s like someone who likes fast cars seeing how a Ferrari is built but never driving one I guess? Like you can guess from what you’re seeing, but you might never know for sure.

1 Like

So I see a bunch of Eddie Current gear come up for sale on headfi and US Audio. Is this stuff near TOTL is it more midfi? I know there is a bit of a cult following so it can be difficult to separate truth from reality…

It seems like the Balancing Act @ $3k price point is sort of the common “end game” product that most people suggest.

TOTL. Endgame.    

1 Like

The Studio, and the Balancing Act are big boy endgame DHT amps.
The Studio Jr would be endgame for most people.
The Afficianado/Zana Deux were their play at a lower price point, but still excellent.

I guess the short version is it depends what price point your endgame is at.
For $5K+ the Studio was considered a value.

But there are amps out there costing 3 or 4x that, that are probably better.

2 Likes

Website says they’re moving, picking up orders again in January, no? Am I missing something?

That’s basically for their last hurrah, the studio b, which is from studio jr parts but modeled sound wise after the balancing act from what I know, but once those are gone they are done iirc

2 Likes

Balancing act listed for 2200 in case someone was looking for one… This is a good price they rarely come up for sale but typically are at the $3k price point but this one doesn’t come with many of the tubes those listings typically have.

1 Like