Electrostats- Nectar Sound and Kaldas Research RR1?

Hey you lovely electrostat owners, just curious if anyone can speak to the quality of either Nectar headphone, but I’m more interested in the Pollinator, or even the RR1? I’m really interested in slapping together the DIY energizer, but maybe making it a tube variant, and using my 95x on it, but I started looking at other e-stats to try outside of say an L300/L500…

I intend this post to be like a gathering of information regarding options. I do not want to get a 252s or a 353 if i can help it since they carry a price that may exceed their quality IMO.

Thanks for any input and discussion! :smiley:

Interesting topic. Very curious to see what the responses are.

1 Like

Thanks I hope so too! Like energizers should not be entry 400, then 1k etc. And regarding these more boutique stats I think they should be interesting particularly the nectar ones due to having a more present bass emphasis per what little I’ve seen. I think that energizer cost and lack of bass emphasis keeps it too niche so prices can bend the customers over. Just hoping some in this community can provide some info :D!

The Nectar DIY amp looks pretty simple. I need to read some reviews on the cans and may go down that route and build the amp.

1 Like