Elysian Acoustic Labs Pilgrim IEM - Impressions, Discussions, Pictures, and Comparisons

If you like the original cable, you might want to contact Elysian, like @Rikudou_Goku suggested. That’s what I did. I asked where I could buy an extra cable, and they offered to send me one for about $30-50 IIRC, which seemed pretty reasonable to me.

3 Likes

I thought the stock cable was awful, I really dislike those kind of 2 wire cables, but that’s just my personal preference.

As jaytiss pointed out above, you can order the stock cable on its own for relatively cheap on AE.

3 Likes
5 Likes

absolutely reasonable lol, between 30-50 or freakin 200 wingwangs

I usually dislike them but this one is perfect, never tangles and it’s not heavy along with doing its job. I just wish it wasn’t white

2 Likes

I would choose OG with EQ :smiley:

2 Likes

Since I don’t like EQ, I’d go with Noir any day… But Elysian went overboard with the price of Noir.
With or without EQ, I won’t buy it, at least for now :grinning:

8 Likes

that price makes me choose EQ :smiley:

3 Likes

I think the Noir is worth the price and I previously had the OG and sold it to and purchased the Noir.

I can see why a lot of people won’t though, since the OG is still a great iem and half the price, but it’s no way half the iem.

6 Likes

I seriously wonder how the sales have been for the Noir. I can’t foresee lots of folks forking over that ridiculous MSRP for a slight retune, config and cable upgrade, but hey, what the hell do I know.

4 Likes

Just mugs like me :rofl:

1 Like
  1. I would choose OG over the Noir just for the price to performance ratio it offers.
  2. Although Noir’s sound is closer to my preferences but I absolutely would love to have the OG in my collection purely for its tuning alone at that price point as I feel Noir’s tuning sort of treads into the tuning area where a lot of other IEMs are turned that way just above and below the price point it comes in.
  3. While I see a lot of folks prefer the Noir over OG, I still honestly cannot personally convince myself to spend double the asking price for an upgraded cable and different driver configuration (with a slightly different tuning). The VFM part is sort of lost with Noir.
4 Likes