Emotiva ERC 4: Balanced DAC, DIGI IO, CD Player

This would seem like a great bargain at $600.

I own maybe 1000 CDs. I’m considering joining Amazon Music. I also watch a lot of streaming content on Amazon & Hulu. So it would cover all the bases to run digital signals through.

Now for the $64,000 question: is it good? Great?

Not seen this before, but it looks pretty cool for the price, now I’m curious to try one. Interesting choices in design that look pretty promising

I’m thinking on it. If it’s good through & through it would save me having to buy a seperate DAC, like a Geshelli J2 & CD player, like a Cambridge CXC However I can’t let $600 go on just hope. I’m not a millionaire, unfortunately.

In the past I’ve liked their XDA series dacs when they came out, although I don’t know how competitive they would be today (although I bet they are great value used at this point considering their age for a more midrange dac, I’d still take one of those over anything topping or smsl has put out for example). I’d assume this is an improvement upon those, and if so this seems like a pretty fair package overall. Never tried an emotiva CDP before though so can’t comment on that.

I will say though that their integrated dacs inside their preamps/tuners/processors are more lackluster to me so most of their modern dacs in the past years I haven’t really been impressed with. The ERC 4 looks more in line with the older XDA so that would give me hope they’ve changed directions again. But no way to tell, haven’t heard it. If you do end up gambling on one would be curious on your thoughts on it